Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
14mm F2.8 Samyang, Rokinon lens topic
  • 29 Replies sorted by
  • @stefanos
    I think that they no longer make first version, but I am not sure.
    Mine is ED AS IF UMC.
  • Olympus is, of course, smaller. But it still has wired focusing. For 14mm having F2 is not so cruicial.
  • Vitaliy. Do you have the ED AS IF UMC or the IF ED MC Aspherical version?. I have read that the newer/improved version (ED AS IF UMC) is well worth the extra cash. what do you think?
  • hmmm. It is a great lens and I had forgotten about it for some time now. And I really need a wide focal length. The olympus 12mm f2 is very good too but in europe I'm guessing it's going to cost a fortune. Also, samyang is better investment as it's all manual with aperture ring and covers full-frame. I'm a bit woried how it will behave in Low light though, the f2 of the oly is very useful and it's 4mm wider which is quite significant. I wonder how the two compare in terms of sharpness at f2.8...