Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
GH2 Flow Motion v2 - 100Mbps Fast Action Performance & Reliability for Class 10 SD cards
  • 1036 Replies sorted by
  • Im using V2.02 and under strip lighting/indoor lighting it seems to crash and give me error messages down to card speed. Im using my GH3 mostly now anyway but got the GH2 as back-up. Under normal daylight the hack works great....

• check this video out

• @babak. Since I did not see a reply from @LPowell, You want to go with FM 2.02 and you can just install 2.02 by itself.

• @LPowell, Thank you for the links and the extensive (very helpful) information. I am new in this field. Just got my GH2 and trying to figure out which patches I should use (not easy mind you). But I have a question: which one of the Motion Flow versions above (2.0, 2.01 or 2.02) I should use? Do I need to instal the first one first and then move up to 2.02? Or can I just install 2.02? Many thanks for the answer. Babak

• deleted

• By far my favorite patch! Just shot this a few weeks ago for a directing class I'm taking and am very satisfied. The assignment was to remake a scene from a movie and I chose Night of the Living Dead. Excuse the bad audio, I didn't have anybody helping me on this. Just me and the actors! A friend came halfway through to shoot while I played the zombie lol

Some of the images are cropped and they held up very well! The uncompressed file looks amazing.

• @skydragon I had the same problem

• Who else using FM 2.02 and Adobe products is getting the problem described in this thread?

http://www.personal-view.com/talks/discussion/5120/please-help-problem-with-my-gh2-footage

• I just want to post this music video that I shot during summer using Flow Motion v2.

• I think Vitaliy Kiselev will close this thread soon, as it's more than 1.0K now and it's to large.

• @wallasdaviola thanks for sharing your work; I enjoyed it a lot... Al

• Music Video I made usinng Flowmotion v2.02 , thank you very much for for the hard work @lpowell and everybody envolved.. This is pretty much my first work, criticism are welcomed.

• @lpowell Had a camera freeze. Had to take the battery out to 'unfreeze'. A file still recorded to the card but when trying to play back in Windows Media Player (on a Windows 7 system) it crashes and blocks. All the other files play without problem. FlowMotion 2.02. Card was the SanDisk 32GB 45mb/s class 10 (I assume that this card caused the freeze..) HBR mode at iso 3200 shooting outside in the evening with the Panasonic 14mm f2.5 pancake lens. Shutter speed 1/25s and aperture f2.5. For the rest the hack was great. Image quality higher than I had expected from HBR mode. Really want to thank you for making this possible!

• Long time listener, but seldom poster.

Just wanted to share a piece I just finished with the Flowmotion v2.02 patch- and say thank you to Mr. Powell & everyone else here.

xB.

• GH2 + Glidecam + FlowMotion. Special thanks @LPowell!

• Testing out "retro" c-mount glass and Flowmotion v2.x. Used smooth -2 -2 0 -2 and 320 ISO with 95mb Sandisk 64mb card. This was shot with a Kodak Cine Ektar 63mm f/2 lens built in 1948 (S-mount to C-mount to C-mount to M43.) Slight color grading in FC7.

• GH2 with Flow Motion v2.02 :)

• @lpowell thanks for the heads up, I'm going to donate, this project and your quick response to people is just way rad.

• @anciar Check out the first post in this thread for details on Flow Motion v2 limitations in 720p SH mode. You should have no problems when using manual-focus lenses in manual exposure mode. If you want to use auto-exposure features in 720p, I'd recommend trying FM2's 60Mbps H mode instead of its 100Mbps SH mode.

• now it all seems to be working :/

• I have fm2 and just formatted my 95mb/s card and it worked perfectly in the day but then at night it kept kicking back "motion recording was cancelled due" - then I need to remove the battery to start over. I don't get it and I want to keep this patch, any ideas?

• @kent You need to use the L setting when this happens and when using sharp Panasonic lenses... Al

• LPowell: Flowmotion freeze. Shooting with Panasonic 35-100mm, wide open, etc mode. Kept happening inside a floro lit church. For info.

• .. I had big "snow effect" problems with this patch and stripes in low lights...

• @Capt_Crunch Before you can download any files, you need to register and log into the Personal-View forum.

This topic is closed.
← All Discussions