Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Black Magic: Is internal battery complete disaster or reliable solution?
  • 30 Replies sorted by
  • Xenocide38 +1

I don't get all this fuzz about the internal battery issue... such cameras won't be recording every day for few hours, so I believe they will last at least 2-3 years.. and after that the camera will become obsolete anyway... I don't mind having internal battery in my iPhone .. and in my previous model it worked for 3 years and I've sold it in still good condition.

And if you don't like the internal battery, just open up the thing and remove it... where's the issue? :)

• @Alfi666

Topic is not about discussion if you like it or not.

• I don't really see an issue here unless it can be proven to cause IQ problems due to heat. Other than that users can just ignore the internal battery and power from ext source. What's the real difference other than some fear of internal batt failure at some point in future? I've had 3 iPhones and so far zero battery problems. I think the batt tech is fully matured at this point and success of product has proven that this approach can be successfully implemented.

• I think you should treat the internal battery as an UPS. Same with their recorder. Tadaaa... all problems gone!

• Agreed, this is how I'll be treating it.