Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Help with Panasonic Lumix Club protocol
  • Panasonic has already shut down Lumix Club for most cameras last year, and the rest at the end of this month. So, time is of the essence.

I am trying to make an open source replacement server so that the WiFi feature can continue being used to its full extent. It is possible, because one of the first things the camera does is download over http what root certificate it should use. I successfully set up a man-in-the-middle tool with the current Lumix Club server (lumixclub.panasonic.net), but it seems to be different than the old server (lumixclub.picmate.jp) and not provide all of the API's the older cameras need.

I am wondering if anyone has either of the following things:

1. A man-in-the-middle packet capture of a Lumix camera connecting to Lumix Club. This could be basic connection, uploading an image, uploading to cloud sync (Ustream etc). I did find one packet capture but they did not use a MITM tool so I can't see anything beyond the root cert download. It would be helpful to do this with a newer camera if possible while the service is still up, as there are probably still similarities between them.
    2. A Panasonic ROM that has the wifi capability to connect Lumix Club, to extract the strings and/or disassemble it to see what sort of responses the camera is expecting.

Thank you in advance.

• 2 Replies sorted by
  • I think you are better off looking at streaming via the USB Port.

Wifi at 1080p an 4K has issues due to bandwidth limitations.

As far as I know, the Panasonic Apps downscale the images that they transmit over wifi because of this.

It seems to me that they have abandoned the idea because an actual Engineer discovered that the Management Plan was unreasonable from the very start. Although I could be wrong.

• You are doing very good thing, hope someone could help you.