Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
War: French Government wants elderly to die fast
  • In France, 530,000 older people aged 60 and over are in a state of "social death", that is, they never or almost never communicate with family members, friends, neighbors and other people.

This is 77 percent more than in 2017, according to a study by Les Petits Freres des Pauvres. Two million French people aged 60+ are isolated from their families and friends - up from 900,000 four years ago.

Death doesn’t scare me. The way I live now is not life. I don’t see anyone,” said one of the participants in the study, Edith, 76 years old. The authors of the report explained this increase in the "socially dead" by the fact that the number of elderly people in general has increased over the past five years. However, the pandemic made a significant contribution, which, with all the quarantines and restrictions, greatly alienated people from each other and further worsened social ties that were already fragile.

In 2021, 1.3 million old people never or almost never saw their relatives, three times the number in 2017. "I have four children, nine grandchildren and four great-grandchildren, but I'm all alone. One lives in the Bordeaux region, the other in the Gard, the third in the Paris region. One lives near Lille, but she works, so she does not have time", said Denise, 81, from Hauts-de-France.

It is time to stop this shit.