Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Half the state of Oklahoma becomes "Indian Territory" again
  • In the 70's I bought a map of Texas from the 1870's printed by the original rand mcnally for 10 bucks as a remembrance of childhood growing up looking for arrowheads. It says "Indian Territory" on half of Texas. I never thought this could happen. https://www.zerohedge.com/political/supreme-court-nearly-half-oklahoma-indian-reservation

• 8 Replies sorted by
  • And?

Whole US can soon become one Indian terriroty, are you upset?

• ...well imagine if Russian indigenous people took over their habitat. Wouldn't be much left for you Russians. You might think that was a big deal. Of course never having been to Russia, I feel like you do about Oklahoma.

• right of return is a complicated issue, esp when dealing with israel. Next NY state could belong to Iroquois.

• @kurth

Indians will be used against US now as empire becomes weaker and weaker. All the cracks will start bleeding.

...well imagine if Russian indigenous people took over their habitat. Wouldn't be much left for you Russians. You might think that was a big deal. Of course never having been to Russia, I feel like you do about Oklahoma.

Knowing history helps here :-).

• @Vitaliy...of course it does. Russia massacred their indigenous people , then confiscated their lands and resources, just like in the americas. First the cossacks, then the czars, and finally stalin. Only just a little later in the timeline. Of course, no one was as ruthless as the spanish. Interestingly, they're genetically the same humans, only the american indian crossed over the bering sea and settled a new continent.

• @kurth

of course it does. Russia massacred their indigenous people , then confiscated their lands and resources, just like in the americas. First the cossacks, then the czars, and finally stalin.

It is so easy to live without much knowledge :-) Dunning–Kruger effect in practice.

• @Vitaliy...or maybe some of us grew up and were educated inside a bubble ? Maybe all this isn't true after all ? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Genocide_of_indigenous_peoples#Tsardom_of_Russia's_conquest_of_Siberia

• @kurth

May be it is time to go outside Wikipedia? Same as people go out of kindergarden where special people read to them various fairy tales.

As history is complex and very interesting, especially this part of it.

Also note that Rule 1 of PV still stands, as we do not talk about Russia here exactly due to this reason, as such approach saves tons of my time. I made few exclusions but only in relation to modern Mordor topics and only very few of them that can be economically or medically very interesting.