Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Beginners: Guide to setting up stable settings
  • 79 Replies sorted by
  • To mpgxsvcd: I believe that I have installed your "No adverse affects settings" hack; is there a simple definitive way to check? I have been searching here all day, and apart from a comment about language options, I cannot find this.

My GH2 is a US model; I am a Mac user, so had to install Wine/Wine bottler, and the install to the card looked very similar to your video "Ultimate Panasonic GH2 Settings Update Guide", so I am hopeful. The 720p/60 footage looks very nice when conformed in Cinema tools, too (slo-mo, from 60 to 24fps). TIA, kl

• Just and FYI to everyone...

A total noob here, but getting there. I just bought a GH2 and am installing the 'No Adverse Effects' as a starting off point. It went off flawlessly according to mpgxsvcd's video (thanks to him for that!!)

I formatted a new Sandisk 16MB Extreme 45mbs card in my computer and slammed it in. Turned the camera on and snapped a few pictures....everything seems cool.

Went to my kid's event and took a few stills before the starting gun. Then.....I went to Movie Mode. Uh oh!

The screen said (paraphrasing) "This card is not formatted for this camera for movie mode" UGGGhhhh!!!

So, I had to decide between keeping the stills and forgetting the videos or format the card in the camera to take movies, but lose my stills I'd taken up to that point.

Don't let this happen to you. This is a total noob mistake! Don't be stupid like me. Let the CAMERA format the card!!!

• @wsmcdowall

Let the CAMERA format the card!!!

This is good advice. The first thing I do when I get a new camera or memory card is format it in camera.