Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Sony A7 IV - careful small steps in the wrong direction
  • 44 Replies sorted by
  • The A7IV can record 4k 60p: It will be oversampled from 4.8k s35 mode and 10bit 4:2:2.

• It will be amazing to see true 15 stops on a DSLR . Best has been the S1H at 12.5 stops in video ,even the Alexa is only 14 stops

• @sammy

We don't know, but video DR can be really 15 stops.

• VK you think they will give us close to 13 actual stops ? And is this the next thing that will improve dramatically with camera manufactures ? We went from 8 stops or so with GH1 to 10 years later S1H with little under 13

• The newly developed 33MP sensor combined with a new processor will allow to squeeze out 15 stops of dynamic range.

• A7IV rumored specs:

• launch in October, if chip supply permits this
    • Has newly developed 33MP sensor
    • 4k30 video is oversampled from 7K
    • 5.5 stops efficient IBIS (+ AS)
  • New rumors

• Will launch in October, if chip supply permits this
    • Has newly developed 33MP sensor
    • 5.5 stops IBIS efficiency
  • Sony moved the A7IV launch date from mid September to at least October.

• Announcement no sooner than September 2021.

Sony now experience shortages of lot of components even for existing cameras.

• Another try

• A7 IV will have a new sensor with faster readout and will not recycle the 24 MP one. My source told me it will be in the 30-32 MP region
    • The EVF will have 3,69 Mdots and not 5,76 Mdots
    • LCD will also be on the cheap side but the image quality and AF will be top notch
    • The video will certainly be 4K 60p and will feature the new menus.
    • The price will be in the 2499$ region
  • This camera has no point

• Rumored specs

• Slight bigger and more comfortable body than A7III
    • 3.68M dot EVF
    • 1.44M dot LCD
    • Newly developed 30 MP sensor
    • 4K 60p with no overheating
    • Dual SD and CFexpress Type A card slots
    • New menu system from A7S3
    • 5-axis in-body stabilization with Steady shot active mode
    • Price 2.499$
  • If the IBIS is as bad as the previous Sony cameras, no thanks.

• make it 10 bit 60p $2k, no auto focus to compete with pan s5. if its 8 bit only, i'll actually laugh.

• https://www.sonyalpharumors.com/a-good-guess-of-the-possible-new-sony-a7iv-specs/

I don't know if they info is legit or not but looking at the A9II and A6600 small iterative upgrades, those specs sound very plausible.

A7IV.jpg
    1694 x 1120 - 391K