Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Capitalism: Finally Microsoft is HONEST!
  • While you could continue to use your PC running Windows 7, without continued software and security updates, it will be at greater risk for viruses and malware. Going forward, the best way for you to stay secure is on Windows 10. And the best way to experience Windows 10 is on a new PC. While it is possible to install Windows 10 on your older device, it is not recommended.

And, of course it is best to buy extremely underpowered and BIOS limited Surface thing instead of your old and clunky big desktop.

Keep up using Windows 7, and you'll see new fun surprises in coming months where updates support will silently return for all important things.

• 1 Reply sorted by
  • i love win7. i use win10 at work. the main thing for me is the start button. you can use the free software "classic shell" that works in win10 to give 7 or even xp start menu functionality. although i hate how 10 embeds all settings in like 3 hidden submenus. and don't like the privacy concerns or the chance 10 may go monthly subscription so i can't even boot up my computer if I haven't paid this month like O365(which is very buggy btw). But I do believe your article is pretty much the main reason why. No one wants to upgrade their entire computer. Most people(ie. older) are too used to to it. I have a 25 year computer that still works on XP. Haven't had a reason to upgrade.(Ie. i don't do banking on it so i don't care about security patches) if your main avenue for attack is your browser, then chrome is still the best.