Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
58mm f1.4 SL II Voigtlander Nokton
  • Anyone owns this lens? Mind sharing experience? How does it match with Nokton 25mm? Thanks.

http://www.photozone.de/Reviews/360-voigtlander-nokton-58mm-f14-sl-ii
  • 19 Replies sorted by

Sharpness in the center of the frame already approaches excellent levels at f/1.4, although performance towards the edges of the frame falls way behind, only producing fair levels of clarity. Stopping down improves performance across the frame, with sharpness peaking between f/4 and f/5.6 in the center of the frame.

http://www.ephotozine.com/article/voigtlander-nokton-58mm-f-1-4-sl-ii-lens-review-25670

v62.jpg
    800 x 536 - 50K
    v63.jpg
    682 x 460 - 58K
  • Hi,

I'm looking to get the Voigtlander 58mm f1.4 Nokton (Nikon Mount) and adapter to use with my Voigtlander 25mm f0.95 on my GH2. I primarily shoot video.

When researching this lens I've come across a lot of talk about the lens overexposing by 2/3 f-stops and a few people are saying it's the chip that causes this. Am I correct in thinking that this don't be a problem for me on the GH2 as with a the camera wouldn't be able to meter the lens anyway?

Any advice greatly appreciated.

Many Thanks, Matthew

• what is the f-stop rule?

• Just an FYI (as I've recently picked up the Voigtlander Ultron 40mm f/2 and the Nokton 58mm f/1.4 in Nikon mount): not all of the new SL-II lenses have the "Nokton 25mm" focus ring style; mine has a rubber grip that I find much easier to do wide focus pulls with.

Both are gorgeous lenses, and make a perfect set with the 25mm f/.95 using the "f-stop rule".

• The new version, Voigtlander SL II 58mm 58/1.4 N, is available.

http://checkout.cameraquest.com/catalog/product/3dabde6bf5c24f5b8fd87057e2c7a285

The good-old same optics, but new focus ring style like Nokton 25mm 0.95. Cute :)

The price is same as the old model.

20120502-P1020845.jpg
    960 x 408 - 223K
    20120502-P1020846.jpg
    960 x 408 - 101K
  • Thanks. Then how bout this. Nikon G or F adaptor, or would it technically work with either?

-asking because I'm not clear on whether the aperture control would effect the size of the adaptor and thus change the width of the lens.

• I have a Minolta 58/f1.4 that I bought for $25 that shows similar bokeh as those for this lens. Has anyone compared the two lenses?

• @last_SHIFT: Not too odd, since both Zeiss ZF2 and Voigtländer are made by Cosina.

• Nikon to M43

• What kind of adaptor for this to m4/3?

• Whichever you want.

• So buy the old or the new one :P

• FYI Cosina renewed the lens.

• Nikon directiion, but Canon mount also available.

• Which direction does the ring turn? The Nikon direction or regular?

• It's an awesome lens, used it on my GH2 and my D700. Tack sharp, wonderful colors and bokeh. Build quality is excellent as well - poor man's ZF2 :-)

D700, wide open:

its like buttah baby

fruit of a loom

• Wow. So sharp and low CA. It has similar vivid and deep green color from Nokton 25. Cool.
  • Voigtlander 58mm f1.4 @ f5.6 via Nikon D5100 @ ISO 100:
    DSC_0025.JPG
    4928 x 3264 - 5M