Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Red Hydrogen One Holographic phone .....an expensive toy
  • 54 Replies sorted by
  • @philiplipetz

Some guy offered me one used for $150 around month ago :-)

• I wasn’t disagreeing with you, just agreeing that RED’s asking price is way above market level for new cameras. I wonder if KOMODO wil be a cheap head with overpriced accessories. Sigma FP establishes a less than $2k base for internal Cine DNG RAW cameras.

• @philiplipetz

I hear rumors that if not their nice patent income, especially as they hope for big new Apple payment if they manage to win in courts, they could already close the firm.

Cameras alone can't make RED viable for around 2 years already as I heard. So, it is like some hobby project now.

• I have spent the past 45 years building “inventions wrapped in art”.

Just now turning 70 and having a few health issues, it is now time for me to retire.

I will be shutting down the HYDROGEN project, ending a career that has included Oakley, RED Digital Cinema and HYDROGEN. I am very proud to have worked with many great people over the years who have signed on to the vision.

RED Digital Cinema will continue stronger than ever with Jarred, Tommy and Jamin at the controls. Komodo is about to be launched… and the HYDROGEN One will continue to be supported in the future.

I want to thank everyone for the support I have felt over the years…

It's the end of the shit(aka Hydrogen) as we know it...