Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
GH4 External Vlog White Balance Metadata
  • Is there a way to view the precise Kelvin reading of GH4 footage in Premiere Pro CC metadata or any other software? The DP shot in varied White Balances in V log External & i need to be able to get the accurate temperature data of the footage he shot on.

Also, i am using Filmconvert (GH4+VLOG) to grade. The WB parameter (in Film Convert) is an offset rather than a setting in my past experience. Would it then actually wreck my clip if i dialed the Film Convert WB parameter over to 3200K from it's default position on Daylight if the footage was shot on 3200K too?

• 3 Replies sorted by
  • Try Exiftool. It shows almost everything about GH4 video exif.

• Tried that already. Its showing exif of internal GH4 recording but not for the External Atomos Ninja Blade footage i need it for. :-/

• Maybe contact Panasonic to find out what metadata is sent through the external port to a recorder?