Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Teradek Sphere (360 degree live streaming video)
  • http://www.cnet.com/news/teradek-sphere-will-change-how-live-360-degree-vr-video-is-created/

From there you can use, for example, an iPad to view the video and dynamically adjust white balance, tint, exposure and lens distortion in real time for each camera. You can monitor the video in three different ways -- Perspective, Panoramic and Headset -- so you can see just how your viewers will see your content, whether that's on a mobile device, in a Web browser or in a VR headset.

The Sphere app can then be used to live-stream the 360-degree video to platforms like Wowza and YouTube, which now supports live-streaming 360-degree content.

"With the ability to stream to any destination at bit rates of up to 10Mbps and the flexibility to work with any rigged camera setup from GoPro to RED, Sphere will be the go-to solution for high-quality 360 streaming," said Teradek Brand Manager Topher DeLancy. "As VR grows we feel it will be another powerhouse media division alongside cinema, gaming and broadcast."

The Teradek Sphere will be available in June for $3,000 (approximately AU$3,875 or £2,100), but you can get a taste of its performance right now via a live-stream of the NAB 2016 convention or by downloading the free iOS app.

http://teradek.com/pages/nab

• 9 Replies sorted by
  • People complained too about 4K how it needed greater care with costumes/makeup/set design etc, same with 360 and lighting/etc, we'll need to up our game to make it really work and fully see all the benefits.

It is absolutely different. 4K is just resolution boost.

With VR you will need completely different set, lack of any framing, lack of proper lighting, and demand for 3D with all requirements of 3D (now most think that 360 degrees mono will do - it won't).

• actually it is big degradation even in resolution.

This is why 8K and even 16K+ are needed now! ;-)

Lack of proper framing and horrible lighting due to this.

People complained too about 4K how it needed greater care with costumes/makeup/set design etc, same with 360 and lighting/etc, we'll need to up our game to make it really work and fully see all the benefits.

• Which is exactly what people said about 4K in the early days! ;-)

No. Any sane people I know see clear 4K difference.

360 degrees have nothing to do with this, actually it is big degradation even in resolution.
    Most people actually see it via very cheap attachment to 720p resolution phone.
    Lack of proper framing and horrible lighting due to this.

• Well some people like the sense of being right there that 360 degrees has (just like 4K can give a higher sense of realism, it isn't needed, but people can still like to have it as a "nice to have").

360 degrees shooting makes much more problems and solves none.

Which is exactly what people said about 4K in the early days! ;-)

• For the same "reason" people need 4K.

Well, I love 4K, as on good big screen it looks very good. Even in my 720p Sony glasses with good GPU assisted downsize it looks better than native 1080p.

But I have no idea why I need 360 streaming (no, I have good VR glasses and such). 360 degrees shooting makes much more problems and solves none.

• For the same "reason" people need 4K.

• For the same reason as you need a curved television.

LOL.

I have curved TV, it is only slightly curved and exist mostly to have better contrast/colors (making view angle closer to 90 for all pixels) and look cool.

• For the same reason as you need a curved television.

• Can anyone tell me why anyone need 360 degrees streaming? I mean practically.