Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
[GH4 EVF Problem]GH4 EVF got red and no image
  • My GH4's EVF got red with some blue vertical lines and there is no image.

Other functions are all OK!

I toke a picture of the EVF and you can see the attached file.

Anyone had ever seen the problem?

I bought this GH4 from Amazon.co.jp and I'm from China, So I can't send to Panasonic China for free.

IMG_4087.JPG
    3264 x 2448 - 1M
  • 2 Replies sorted by
  • Thanks for sharing your situations. I have contacted the seller(The seller is in Japan, but I'm in China) to help me request repairment from Panasonic. I just sent the package using EMS. Look forward to getting the repaired GH4.

• Yes, I posted about a month ago with the same issue. However mine was displaying a white screen. I contacted Panasonic and they said I had to send it to a 3rd party for repair under warranty but it would take about 3-4 weeks to fix. I didn't send it because I need to use my GH4s almost everyday.

The funny thing is that only 5 days ago it started to work again suddenly - but not perfectly. Each time I turn the camera on the screen flashes for 1-2 seconds and makes a horrible mechanical sound and then the EVF works. I will still need to have it looked at one day because it's defiantly not working right.

I feel like there is some kind of internal connection issue with the ribbon cable because I have never dropped or mistreated it in anyway.