Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
How to find out White Balance setting by Presets?
  • GH1 and GH2 have preset 1 and 2 for setting white balance. Is there any way to display the color temperature value when the preset 1 or 2 is set by the camera?

If I know the color temperature value of ambient light, I could set LED lights like 312AS to similar color temperature.
  • 4 Replies sorted by
  • @Hazna

I no way light meter will display color temperature.
    Correctly measuring color temperature is not so easy as you can think. Especially with LEDs and Fluos.
  • That sounds expensive. But it might be the best solution.

GH2 does fairly good job on the preset WB feature. But it doesn't display actual K value. It would have been nice if it displays the K value and lets user change the value.
  • Light meter.
  • Hmmm. If I know the color temperature value of correctly configured preset 1 or 2, I could warm or cool it by switching to manual white balance and raising or lowering the base value... instead of using warm and cool cards.