Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Samsung NX1 issues
  • 29 Replies sorted by
  • No panic, just a lot of grief on the web right now. I'm keeping mine. But clearly there's a glitch in this camera, everyone that tests for the bug sees it. It's one of those things you notice right away when you turn on the camera, but since you're acclimating to the new menus and functions, you'll assume it's merely a question of adjusting the settings and learning the camera. And indeed, fiddle fucking around with settings, in some instances in fact temporarily eliminates the glitch. But then it comes back. There's a lot of excitement about this camera, and justifiably so, but the camera seems to have a killer flaw in its first incarnation. Let these examples allow for sobriety to prevail. Btw, the two vids above aren't mine and both vids are from different users. So far, no one has found a work around. So that's what's going in in NX1 world right now.

• @brianl

Are you personally running into this bug with your camera?

• @brianl

Any reason for such panic and lots of emotions?

lot of early Samsung NX1 users are returning their cameras on account of an ugly exposure bug in the NX1's 4k video

Please present me exact facts backing this statement. I mean about "lots of users".

Also do not actually interact with video author and read comments to video?

and the moral of the story is .... wait 6 months before buying any new gear

Moral is to know tools you use and avoid panic mode.

• and the moral of the story is .... wait 6 months before buying any new gear?