Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Driftwood Cluster X Series 4:│Moon T8│Spizz T7
  • 691 Replies sorted by
  • Some will playback after a switch off/on/take a small recoding. Depends on bitrate consumed.

• For some reasons, mine in-camera playback it is working with this Moon8. Looks awesome. Thanks Nick!! Look forward to shoot during the daylight and will report back.

• Yes, I admit that I was a bit sad with this "bug" of not being able to have in-camera playback, since I have been using T7.

• shame really that we can not see in the cam shots taken! The only thing I did not like is the fact that, differently from Moon T7, in-camera playback is not possible.

• This Hack is for Panasonic GH2?

• Great to see that more innovative setting are still being released by driftwood.

• To have Moon T8 is a great news for 2014. We are still waiting for PTOOL Update from Vitaliy. I believe that it is not to far away. I hope it will liberates GF2 Video Manual Control. Does this Moon T8 compatible with GF2 FSH/SH Mode? If so, I will try it with my GF2 + 32GB Sandisk Extreme 45Mb/s during this weekend. I will report back to you. Thank you Driftwood.

• In my first quick test, I could see that Moon T8 seems to render skin tones in a nice way and noise performance in high ISO is improved. The only thing I did not like is the fact that, differently from Moon T7, in-camera playback is not possible.

• Sandisk Extreme Pro 64GB, 24H, Lumix 14mm, AFC, Smooth -2 -2 -2 -2 (i-Dyn/Res off) iso 320, shooting the top of a large tree (from 10-40ft away) in the breeze out my 4th-storey window on this sunny day, spanned and filled the whole card (no internal playback), here's a stream parser screen shot. Excellent work, thanks @driftwood

Edit: same settings, but with Sandisk 32GB Extreme Pro SD card, similar results, just no spanning.

Moon T8.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 442K
  • I've gotta re-brush up on how to load one of these suckers! Haha Can't wait to try me some T8!

Seriously, I have been a huge fan of Moon T7 24H, and recently shot a lot of 24L when I needed great reliability. Yesterday though I was shooting some 29.97 footage with my GH4 and really liked what I got. Now I'm hopeful about the prospects of the FSH/HBR (?) on Moon T8 for B-cam use. :)

I'll report back -- Thanks Nick!!!

• Sweet! Thank you @driftwood !!!!

• Thank you again for all of your work.

• Thanks Nick! much appreciated :)

• @driftwood Will test this week and report back. Thanks.

• Am I first membet to see this , what an honor for me -;) as akways Thanks you