Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
GF2 prefered shutter speed for video
  • Just to clear things up - I've read that in spite of 60\50 fps recording the sensor output in GF2 is only capable of 30\25 fps. So the "ideal" or so-called "cinematic" shutter speed for video would be 1\60 or 1\50 but not 1\120 or 1\100? Thanks in advance for your answers. It's just so confusing - why have they made 60\50 fps recording while in fact it's just doubling the initial framerate without actually having an option for 1\2 slow motion?

• 3 Replies sorted by
  • I use a shutter speed of 40 on my gh2 and g6 when in 24p, I prefer the motion blur over 50 or 60. The advantage is It feeds the sensor more light, and appears a bit more reminiscent of 180 degree shutter when shooting film. With Canon, I use a shutter speed of 50 which looks the best to me on those cameras and for the same reason I use 40 on Panasonic cameras minus the light gain.

• Thanks for your post maranfilms! I understand all this stuff about shutter speed basicly doubling the fps for natural motion blur. The main question is - whether to shoot with 1\50 or with 1\100 while filming 50 fps on camera, where the sensor output is only 25 fps... That's what confuses me.

• If sensor captures it 25p then i think shutter should be 50 not 100.