Personal View site logo
If you go 3D, go till the end
  • Get 3D TV,
    Get 3D photo camera,
    Get 3D lenses for existing camera,
    Get 3D video camera,
    and remember to get 3D phone :-)

• 18 Replies sorted by
  • Do you prefer LG Optimus or the HTC Evo 3D ? Or the Sharp Aquos ?

• Do you prefer LG Optimus or the HTC Evo 3D

LG. Avoid HTC Evo 3D.

• That's why I don't wanna get into 3D yet. It's all or nothing.

• That's why I don't wanna get into 3D yet. It's all or nothing.

Weird opinion. It is not all or nothing.

It is just interesting tech, that for amateur people is much more important that DR, 4K or raw.

Just try to shoot usual family video, kids, etc And after 1-2 years compare 2D and 3D footage. Difference for your emotions, etc is striking.

• How to view the 3D contents without 3D TV? I really don't feel like upgrading my 6 years old TV.

• How to view the 3D contents without 3D TV? I really don't feel like upgrading my 6 years old TV

I can't help you here. Many guys feel that their low res 50cm CRTs are all they need. 3D TV price today is really almost the same as normal 3D TV, and lower than your 6 years old one.

• @Vitaliy_Kiselev

I have always wondered why they put the 3D in the TV and make you wear glasses? Why don't they just put the TV in the glasses and make everything 3D?

It can't be that hard to make glasses with screens in them. Then just use wireless HDMI to transport the signal.

The only way you could get me to wear glasses while watching TV is if I could watch TV anywhere I wanted to.

It would be cool to have TV glasses that I could just take anywhere with me.

• I have always wondered why they put the 3D in the TV and make you wear glasses? Why don't they just put the TV in the glasses and make everything 3D?

Because this people know physics and nature.

Such glasses make huge load on your eyes. Impossible to be used for long (most advice to use them less than 20 minutes).

• @stonebat

Such things exist for long, long time.

We have dedicated topic for glasses.

• @Vitaliy_Keselev Optimus or Optimus Max ?

• How to view the 3D contents without 3D TV? I really don't feel like upgrading my 6 years old TV.

I bough a 21" LG 3D Monitor a couple of weeks ago for at retail store for $330, and a Cheap-o-vision 3D Bluray player in same store for $99. The monitor came with one pair of passive glasses.

Interesting thing to note, the glasses it came with are good with a viewing distance of about 3/4 metre .. move further 3m away from screen .. and need to put on a set of glasses sold with an LG 50" .. move even further away and the Real3D glasses saved from the cinema work.

• Interesting thing to note, the glasses it came with are good with a viewing distance of about 3/4 metre .. move further 3m away from screen .. and need to put on a set of glasses sold with an LG 50" .. move even further away and the Real3D glasses saved from the cinema work.

Looks weird.

Usually LG 3D monitors have glasses that are different from TV ones - different polarisation (and this ones are same as in cinema).

LG also have good 27" IPS 3D monitors, btw. Or you can use really cheap 32" 3D TVs.

• They don't make 3D screen glasses mostly because the market is small, and will be until consumer mentality is changed, which is difficult. Most guys when buying a TV want something big and sexy to put on their wall, as big and preferably bigger than anyone else's. What would your football friends say if the walked into your living room and there was just a blank wall and no TV, then you hand them glasses? They'd laugh, take their guacamole and make like a tree, that's what.

• @Vitaliy_Kiselev, weird, I guess I am calling interesting.

I have read conflicting specifics, so figures given here are only to explain a concept. Also I am figuring out the best way to understand what is happening. What follows is 'my understanding' from lots of support forum reading .. had to I got the wrong glasses with my monitor.

The Monitor comes with LG 3D Monitor glasses - Polarising angle =135 degrees
    I also have LG Cinema3D glasses - Polarising angle = 102 degrees
    The Real 3D glasses from the cinema - Polarising angle = 90 degrees (it's probably not quite)
    (apparently Real 3D glasses are made per cinema size)

The angle is basically selected for the viewing distance .. somewhere I saw a pair of glasses in which both polarisers could be rotated in unison.

If you put on the LG Cinema3D glasses at 1/2 metre there is an obvious purple ghosting on my monitor.
    To remove the ghosting, you can either move back to about 2.5 metres, or tilt your head sideways about 30 degrees.

If you put the glasses on upside down, the stereo is reversed, foreground (negative space) becomes background (positive space) and viz-a-viz

• @kavadni I'm sure the forum would love to see your 3D rig :)

• Soon Chris, a few bits missing