Personal View site logo
Driftwood Settings: Series 6 - COMP Apocalypse Now, Cluster v6, GalaXian GX1, Sedna, Canis, etc...
  • 713 Replies sorted by
  • Hey all. Just a little lighthearted piece I shot for the local playhouse to promote their rendition of Driving Miss Daisy.
    Sedna AQ20.

• Always go for the 95mb/s if you can afford it. I have three now!

• Hello guys, sorry if I ask a question you've heard a thousand times, but I need your actual experience. For Sedna AQ1 or Cluster v7 Apocalypse Now Sharp II (which should be the best hacks, right?), The sd card by sandisk have to be a 95MB/s, or a 45mb/s is fine?

Maybe it depends on how we are "lucky"?

INFINITE thanks.

• @efonius .. amazing work dude. Can you tell me more about your workflow? Did you denoise the clip first and then added filmconvert? Or Was everything converted using FC before editing even began?

• Very nice and love FC!

• Really got to challenge the Apocalypse Now patch with extreme lowlight(candle light) conditions and Film Convert. All I can say is that this patch is insanely good even in challenging situations!

• @driftwood sir a request, is it possible to release canis majoris Day AM anytime soon?? i have a ad shootout in western ghats this month, i am still shooting with sedna AQ1 for outdoor and Canis Night for indoor, if this release is possible i would take all canis series patch instead of sedna. Am Pm and night, sedna A AQ1 is so good, but canis grades better. anyway on u r will sir. this isnt just for me infact many pv members are waiting for this.

• @stray @dgf Well shit. Can't believe I missed that one. I just took for granted that the limit was removed. Thanks guys.

• CM, all of them, are great hacks all the way.

• @Stray is right. Just uncheck the record limit and you will be just fine.

• @vicharris There is a setting at the bottom of Ptools Patchers for testers>Extra>Recording Limit. IIRC Nick set that to 4 minutes on the CM Night setting, so just uncheck that and then try again.

• Here's a new problem. I just realized that CM Night will not record longer than the 4 min limit. I have two 64gb 95mbs cards and two GH2s and it does the same on both. If I load another patch, this doesn't happen. Tried it with Boom and it's fine.

• @driftwood thanks a bunch! will do.

• Last thing I need and I'll stop annoying you guys. Can someone direct be to the latest and greatest ptools? Thanks!

• Thanks @driftwood I will try Cluster DREWnet GH3onaGH2 which i think ii on page 1 of other tread However I found Competition there :).... It never happened or I missed lens??:)

• GH3 matrix settings work well but havent been tested for spanning. Try out the Cluster DREWnet GH3onaGH2 setting on page 1.

• We will move on GH3 soon...Can someone tell me if Is there any new setting from master ND (last 2 mounts I was not here) which will span 1080p 25 to be use as a second camera without checking if still rolling? Or it safer use cake? How the gh3 matrices works in Pal?

• @RRRR Try Cluster 6 DREWnet out before you go.

• @driftwood and @others

Sorry to be asking a stupid question but I have some seriously difficult conditions to shoot in tomorrow... I need settings with reliable spanning @50i and @HBR(25psf) with as little banding as possible and pleasant grain (it should also work reliably with 12-35mm f2.8). It´s an 80 minute dance performance, white background, black sides, and very difficult lighting and props which easily induces moire, even with the gh2. I think I´ll be forced to put the gh2´s as chasing cams to (hopefully) avoid moire hell on the props.

I have 64gb 95mb/s cards so it can be a high end setting, as long as it´s RELIABLE.

Some of the cluster versions might be a possibility but I don´t know which. I shot some tests today with factory settings and it looks goddamn awful at times.

• @brudney I meant longer than 6gop. Sorry. Can you point me to where the hack is? Tough to find on this site. Thanks!

• damn, since when 6gop has bacome long enough to scare people? lol. trust me, nobody's gonna notice anything. hell, even here, at pixelgop-peep-fest most people can't tell the difference between 1-12 gop. btw, it is an amazing patch, so just use it and shoot something! :D

• Thinking about trying Driftwood Cluster v7 'Apocalypse Now' 6 GOP Nebula '444 Soft matrix'. I'm doing some documentary work/interviews. Need spanning, reliability and play back in Cam. Also want the SOFT because I'm used Panasonic Lumix Lens. Also Long GOP kinda scares me. Any thoughts?