Personal View site logo
GH2 Flow Motion v2 - 100Mbps Fast Action Performance & Reliability for Class 10 SD cards
  • 1036 Replies sorted by
  • This was shot with FlowMotion v2. Due to the difficult light conditions I was really happy that I had decided to patch my GH2 with that preset. Would say it gave me +200% of details and fun ;)

• Video done with Flowmotion 2.02 24L setting

• @sunboy Congratulations, that's quite an achievement.

• @Sabio try on faster computer

• @sunboy Quality is looking good, what format did you use, HBR@25p or 24H?

• +1 ref using Media Player Classic

• If anyone is experiencing digital noise in the form of rain/snow type artifacts when using Flow Motion 2.02 then you may want to read this thread. Either the GH2 files aren't being formatted correctly, or Adobe CS6 products aren't decoding them properly. Either way there seems to be a workaround;

http://www.personal-view.com/talks/discussion/5120/please-help-problem-with-my-gh2-footage#Item_24

• I need some assistance.... I can't seem to download the link for the Flow Motion 2.02 or any of the patch link from the above topic? Can someone post or attach that file on this thread? Please... thanks

• @spreeni I have used HBR, so 25fps. For some reason the vimeo video stutters a bit at least on my machine, but this is not related to 24fps.

• @Capt_Crunch Before you can download any files, you need to register and log into the Personal-View forum.

• .. I had big "snow effect" problems with this patch and stripes in low lights...

• LPowell: Flowmotion freeze. Shooting with Panasonic 35-100mm, wide open, etc mode. Kept happening inside a floro lit church. For info.

• @kent You need to use the L setting when this happens and when using sharp Panasonic lenses... Al

• I have fm2 and just formatted my 95mb/s card and it worked perfectly in the day but then at night it kept kicking back "motion recording was cancelled due" - then I need to remove the battery to start over. I don't get it and I want to keep this patch, any ideas?

• now it all seems to be working :/

• @anciar Check out the first post in this thread for details on Flow Motion v2 limitations in 720p SH mode. You should have no problems when using manual-focus lenses in manual exposure mode. If you want to use auto-exposure features in 720p, I'd recommend trying FM2's 60Mbps H mode instead of its 100Mbps SH mode.

• @lpowell thanks for the heads up, I'm going to donate, this project and your quick response to people is just way rad.

• GH2 with Flow Motion v2.02 :)

• Testing out "retro" c-mount glass and Flowmotion v2.x. Used smooth -2 -2 0 -2 and 320 ISO with 95mb Sandisk 64mb card. This was shot with a Kodak Cine Ektar 63mm f/2 lens built in 1948 (S-mount to C-mount to C-mount to M43.) Slight color grading in FC7.

• GH2 + Glidecam + FlowMotion. Special thanks @LPowell!

• Long time listener, but seldom poster.

Just wanted to share a piece I just finished with the Flowmotion v2.02 patch- and say thank you to Mr. Powell & everyone else here.

xB.

• @lpowell Had a camera freeze. Had to take the battery out to 'unfreeze'. A file still recorded to the card but when trying to play back in Windows Media Player (on a Windows 7 system) it crashes and blocks. All the other files play without problem. FlowMotion 2.02. Card was the SanDisk 32GB 45mb/s class 10 (I assume that this card caused the freeze..) HBR mode at iso 3200 shooting outside in the evening with the Panasonic 14mm f2.5 pancake lens. Shutter speed 1/25s and aperture f2.5. For the rest the hack was great. Image quality higher than I had expected from HBR mode. Really want to thank you for making this possible!

• Music Video I made usinng Flowmotion v2.02 , thank you very much for for the hard work @lpowell and everybody envolved.. This is pretty much my first work, criticism are welcomed.

This topic is closed.
← All Discussions