Personal View site logo
Driftwood Settings: Series 6 - COMP Apocalypse Now, Cluster v6, GalaXian GX1, Sedna, Canis, etc...
  • 713 Replies sorted by
  • Quick screen grab from the first night scene of our PSA using CM Night. 1600 ISO, Rokinon 35mm at 1.4 or 2.0 I believe, straight out of the camera.

Screen shot 2012-11-26 at 9.13.36 PM.png
    916 x 522 - 547K
  • Some Manual lenses DOF tests SEDNA Q20 (A)

• @Aashay DREWnet Cluster6 is perfect for your needs. 7 is experimental.

• Here it is...

fotoNuria.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 457K
  • Of course heradicattor! In camera it was -2. But not in Photoshop. I will get you if you want the clip with the Mojo and Denoiser and you can see the difference.

• @dgf there´s no way that you don´t have any chroma noise in that shot! how its possible? i see the channels in PS and humm... no noise reduction at all? maybe NR in-camera?

• @Adde, in my very personal opinion Canis Majoris Days is great, Canis Majoris Night I think that just works better the blacks and dark areas of the shoot in low light. The great thing about Canis Majoris set of hacks is that you can use them for any kind of shoots you need. I use to bring all of them in the laptop and I go changing between shoots.

For All purpose I still trust Sedna (AQ1/Q20).

My favourite patch.

Of course I'ts just my experience, probably the rest of geniuses of this forum can help you a lot better.

• @Driftwood @all Between Cluster 6 Drewnet and Cluster 7, which one would you recommend for short films and narratives? In camera playback is important for me.

• @Driftwood @all

One question regarding the CM day/pm setting: I use this as my main setting for almost everything I shoot. How big negative impact does this setting have when shooting with it in dark scenes? Will this day / pm setting give more noise and artifacts in low light situations than lets say the default matrix or the night setting?

Thank you for all your great work!

• I´m still amazed abou how it works the old Canis Majoris Night under extremely low light conditions. Here at 1000 ISO without Neat Video or Denoiser.

This with the Canon FD 50mm f1.4 inside a basement.

Jaguars21i.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 950K
  • GH2 hacked with Sedna Q20. 12-35 f2.8, 7-14 f4.0 & Voigtlander 17.5mm f0.95

• @valpopando oh yes, the prices....:-))))

• Some quick canis day test shots, with a little 3 way color wheel changes.

• @Lambo ThanKs Mate , I would like to get 25mm too !! but I have to rob a bank :)))))

• Hi guys I need a favour I made this short video with canys majorys day, now it is in a contest could you please give me your vote, Just press "Votar" button.

http://www.cortodeazucar.com/cuidate

Thanks in advance.

• @valpopando very nice footage !!! the Voigtländer is the king...!!! i have the 25mm

• Some manual lenses funny test on GH2, SEDNA AQ1 hack

• @rajamalik or you can give Nick Driftwood a much-needed break after creating such amazing matrices for this camera.

• @nhaudio me too waiting for canis majoris day AM.without this canis series will not be completed. So hopefully after intravenus we could expect canis AM.

• ClusterV6 DrewNET

122.jpg
    1289 x 681 - 290K
  • Filmed using Cluster v6 Drewnet and a couple of old manual lenses.

• Quick Canis Night vid from my NYC trip: