Personal View site logo
Official GH1 "Lenin" Hack Project Discussion
  • 227 Replies sorted by
  • is it possible to simplify or change the desing of the main menu guide in the gh1
  • Vitaly did you finally receive the new GH1 bodies? Thank you..
    The most important thing when ill, is to never lose heart". -Lenin
  • >Vitaly did you finally receive the new GH1 bodies? Thank you..

Not yet. As I said, our post left much to be desired.
  • >As I said, our post left much to be desired.

What exactly does this mean?
  • >What exactly does this mean?

It means that it is very slow :-)

Anyway, it seems that I'll have first body in next two days.
  • >Anyway, it seems that I'll have first body in next two days.

Yay!

>It means that it is very slow :-)

Forgive me for my ignorance, is the shipping system in Russia typically very slow? I guess I should ask is Russia where they are being shipped to?
  • >Forgive me for my ignorance, is the shipping system in Russia typically very slow?

Generally, yes. Not fast.
  • So another sort of simple but possibly unanswerable, but out of curiosity, in the initial hacking, what's the first goal?

As something to share come Christmas or whenever, even though like very other drooling freeloader I want it now.

I am naive and impulsive and bought a gh1 knowing nothing except it was cheaper and easier to get than gh2 and I got it for video, and saw in my first shots that the motion is not great in the 1080i.

better than what I had been using but not what I was expecting.

So what will be the first order of reprogramming? If this is also naive and impulsive, well, call me Grasshopper, please Master, and make me feel silly while also enlightening me.
  • Is there a chance that GH2 code examination could help to solve some GH1 hack issues, namely the problem that file spanning stops working at higher bitrates? Like buffer size patch or some related variables to tweak?
  • >Like buffer size patch or some related variables to tweak?

We'll try.
    I have few candidate patches already. Stay tuned.
  • >I have few candidate patches already. Stay tuned.

That is impressive! (at least to me :)
  • I got first GH1 body today.
    On next week it is going to dumping.
  • >I got first GH1 body today. On next week it is going to dumping.

Excellent :)
  • What's the serial number? Did you get the latest?
  • >What's the serial number? Did you get the latest?

Something like WA1AA, 2011 year of production.
  • awesome, after the dumping, could the current ptool work with this version, there is no reversing to do right?
    I think I'm buying one of those 400$ gh1 out there.
  • >could the current ptool work with this version, there is no reversing to do right?

Wrong.

>I think I'm buying one of those 400$ gh1 out there.

In your place I'll wait until first dumping results.
    As Panasonic could even go nuts and just disable firmware update altogether.
    It is small probability, but not zero.
  • Thanks
  • Vitaliy, sorry for the stupid question but how long do you expect it to take to go from camera dump to working hack?
  • >how long do you expect it to take to go from camera dump to working hack?

As soon as I'll see dump I'll tell you.
    But it won't be instant in any case.
  • Thanks, Vitaliy. I know a lot of people are waiting like 6 year-olds for Дед Мороз :)))) Thanks for your work!
  • Very excited to see what you come up with. I used your hack on my first GH1 but the strap fell off the camera and I screwed something up trying to fix it. After the $250 repair, the camera came back with an unhackable board in it.. arrggghhh! Anyway the short film came out amaxingly sharp and you can see a clip here (only 640x360):
    I want to do my next short in 3D by mounting two GH1s side by side, but I'm hoping to use your hack once again for both bodies. I guess I don't really have a question, but thanks for your efforts. Below is a full size frame grab from the film in case you wanted to see a sample of your work.
    Image1.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 677K
  • GH1 body went to dumping.
    If all goes good, we'll get dump in next few days.