Personal View site logo
*SOLD* Original ROLAND TB-303 Analog Synthesizer FS - Excellent Condition "Like New"
  • Update: 2012-11-14 Added pictures

I've seen this successfully sold for as much as $6,000 on eBay recently. This one is selling for $2,200 because having that much within the next week would be a lot more helpful to the project than two times that in 30 days. :)

The Roland TB-303 analog synthesizer. It is one of the five most iconic electronic instruments produced and has been featured by some of the top artists in electronica and hip-hop since the 1990s. Pick up or shipping from L.A. (and as you can see, the original packaging is included, right down to the plastic and styrofoam).

The instrument has been endlessly sampled and imitated (both in hardware clones and software instruments). Just the cloned versions alone can sell for around 1000 Euros.

But this is a vintage original, bought the within a year of the original release in the 1980s and used less than 20 times since it is not a natural fit for the artist.

Comes with original box, packing materials, manual, quick reference and even the original signature vinyl carrying bag. I turned it on today to try it out and it controls properly and has the characteristic vibe that the instrument is known for.

These synths have appreciated ever since they were rediscovered and artists around here have sold theirs for as much as $6,000.

Will provide SN and serial # if anyone wants.

• 23 Replies sorted by
  • She's asking a lot less than that, so send a PM and make an offer

You can't sell things not belonging to you.

And you can't ask for offers. No offers - just price.

• She gave it to me and asked me to sell it. I give her back part of what I sell it for.

As far as price: $2,400. I'll update it above.

• New pictures and price ($2,200) posted above.

• Selling a 303 on a video DSLR site is creative but vintagesynth.com might be a better place to move this. Good luck with the sale.

• @bitcrusher Hey! I'm still waiting for a mint JUNO106 to show up here and wouldn't mind to swap for a road tested Poly-Six ;)

• @oscillian I don't have a Poly-Six, just a Korg MonoPoly. But I won't have a chance to test it until Friday to make sure the power supply still works, etc. so I haven't posted it yet.

@bitcrusher Thanks. I'll look into that. I'd hoped to either sell it locally or through this board (since I know a lot of people here) but I guess it's worth looking wider than that.

Surprised no one wants the 303 here, though. :)

• Bought one for £25 from Carlsbro sound back in the day lol Sold it and me 909 for £200 ouch ;p

• Surprised no one wants the 303 here, though. :)

Maybe try asking a reasonable price?

• @dtr If you've been on eBay in the last month, the most common price they've sold for is $2500 - and most of them were in worse condition with fewer original things included. One sold for $6,000 a week or two ago. I'm not saying people should buy it if they don't want to, but the price is below the going rate. If you want to haggle, you can PM me. :)

@soundgh2 I know, a lot of people had no idea they would go up in value. This one had been lying in a closet and should have been sold to someone that works in a genre that uses it years ago to buy gear better suited to his artist's genres. But it's like the way that Yamaha CS-80s were selling for $5,000 a few years ago and now are typically $13,000 to $16,000: a lot of people just didn't see it coming.

• Sold a Jupiter 4 6 8 MKS 70 106 and MonoPoly too lol - got bored with tuning most of em up before a session - kept the OSCar and MS20s (for filters) and still use the old Waldorf Pulse now and again for SFX -software synthesis aint quite the same but reproducabilty and ease of use sure helps!

• Around here (the Netherlands) they go for around €1400. Sure people pay $6000 but that's probably signed by Plastikman or something...

(and no thanks, i'm not in the market for one)

• New price: $2,000.

• A thing of beauty.

• @dtr and all his have had the Devilfish mod :p

• @soundgh2 @dtr If we are talking about the $6k one, it was used by an artist but not Plastikman. And no, it did not have any mods. :)

• @thepalalias

I doubt that it is good idea to upload so large images.

I also think that you'll fail to sell it. If you ask me, value of this thing is in the $10-20 range.

• @vitaliy_kiselev I just uploaded what came out of the camera. If it's taking up too much space, we can get rid of them. I won't be offended. :)

If people don't want to buy it, I'm not here to try to convince them too - I just want to get what I can for it while I find it a good home. My backup option is the synth dealers around here. The lowest they've offered is $1,200 - so if people don't buy it soon, I'll just sell it to them instead.

Value of $10-20? Not sure where that idea comes from. This synth has gone up in value - people sell it for more now than they did 10 years ago and it's been out since the 80s. Even cheap soft-synth emulations sell for $120. But the world is a strange place: everyone has their own idea of what things are worth. :)

• Value of $10-20? Not sure where that idea comes from. This synth has gone up in value - people sell it for more now than they did 10 years ago and it's been out since the 80s. Even cheap soft-synth emulations sell for $120. But the world is a strange place: everyone has their own idea of what things are worth. :)

For me it is $10 value, for example :-) I am not analog guy and completely lack understanding of value of all this things, sorry.

• For me it is $10 value, for example :-) I am not analog guy and completely lack understanding of value of all this things, sorry.

Allow me to help you there VK.

You have 2 choices

1. Your favourite Vodka in a real glass, served up by a real gorgeous Russian girl ( topless if you prefer)
    2. Your favourite Vodka as a digital experience, implanted in your mind by a Total Recall Lab. ( the Topless Lab attendant is a hologram)

Your pick :-)

• @Rambo

I do not drink Vodka :-)

As for your analogy, it is sad to upset you, but using software you can perfectly emulate any analog synth, it is just math.

• it is just math

@Vitaliy_Kiselev, same with girls 38 - 24 - 36 , I can perfectly emulate that shape in my head :-)

• oh oh... i feel a good ol' analog vs digital battle coming up ;)

• Sold.

Final price ended up being $1700 after 3 people made offers this week. So between the $2,500 listings on eBay and the $10 VK suggested, so everyone wins. :)

Also, @dtr - you were pretty much right on in your estimate.

This topic is closed.
← All Discussions