Personal View site logo
AN "Valkyrie", GOLGOP3-13, GOP3ZILLA, natural, Freeze-less Reliable All-round GOP3 Settings :-)
  • 1001 Replies sorted by
  • @bkmcwd I haven't try Flat 4 yet, but will try to do a few tests this weekend, and will report back results to you. Thanks

• @matt_gh2 OK! If you are pleased with it, I will improve it. Thanks :-)

• @bkmcwd...

I love Valkyrie_Flat 4.... NO hangups,,, grades very nice...

can it be improved?

• @flaschus

can it be improved?

Of course, I can do it. BTW, are there any artifacts in HBR or 720p? Supposing it is, it is necessary to also optimize the matrix. :-)

• @flaschus When I did quick verification, it became clear that artifacts probably did not appear. Therefore, I make all matrices as this and raise the reliability of VF4. :-)

• @bkmcwd What you have the latest patch? Something I'm confused. 1.6 was later than 1.5b.

• @Shon

Please refer to this link about the settings of the experimental stage. http://personal-view.com/talks/discussion/comment/57881#Comment_57881

About Valkyrie 444 TYPE-ZERO2, C1.5c is the newest now. :-)

• NEW!

bkmcwd Valkyrie Flat4 V2 'Apocalypse Now' with Driftwood's Flat 4 Matrix in all modes - Setd.ini - Released 03/11/2012

This is the very experimental setting inspired from @flaschus.

In this version, the freezing issue at the moment of the focus in HBR or 720p is canceled nearly perfectly. IMO, this is more stable than previous VF4.

Please try this. And I am very glad if I can get feedbacks.

If this is also still unstable, I will further adjust.

Special thanks to @flaschus! :-)

Of course, thanks to @cbrandin and KING @driftwood!

• Upto 140M for Top Quality 1080p24 at Q18

• Upto 140M for Top Quality 1080p30 at Q18 in 24L mode with 80% Slow-Motion Mode (No Sound)

• Upto 75M for Top Quality HBR/FSH modes

• Upto 75M for Top Quality 720/50p modes

• Upto 50M for Top Quality 720/60p modes

• Extremely reliable top performance in AVCHD 24H and 24L

• 80% Slow-Motion is available in 24L only

• Fully working iA and iDynamic modes if you require them

• Beautiful 3 GOP bringing short GOP style detail & movement-rendition in 24p and 1080i

• Bush of Death / Death chart tested.

• Wonderful Pasadena Pulse Audio Patch V2 B2, by Per Lichtman

• Top quality 2K mjpeg Mode in HD by Nick Driftwood

• In camera playback is sometimes not available in 24p. In other mode, available after reboot the camera.

*I especially recommend you use with SanDisk 95MB/s 64GB SDXC card.

bkmcwd Valkyrie Flat4 V2 'Apocalypse Now' with Driftwood's Flat 4 Matrix in all modes.zip
  • @bkmcwd...whats up! hows it goin?

To be honset,,, I have never used HBR....

however; I use 24p and it is stunning. the 720p60 mode looks great too.. well,

i am out to test with this new v2!

many thanks!

btw,,, has anyone used the new hi speed transcend cards?? I just saw them and was curious....

http://www.amazon.com/Transcend-Information-Speed-Memory-TS32GSDHC10U1E/dp/B008CVHLT2/ref=pd_rhf_ee_s_cp_28

• @flaschus Thanks mate! :-)

I am continuing improving my main settings now. There were my settings which will be frozen like other persons' settings if usage environment changes. In particular, there was an issue frozen with the Panny lens at the moment of focusing. Since I found the method of canceling this, I am just going to repair my settings now.

About VF4, even if you do not use HBR, the setting frozen in HBR cannot be exhibited. Before telling image quality, I think that being used feeling easy as a tool is top priority.

In VF4_V2, not only HBR but 720p must further be stable. Please try!

• NEW!

bkmcwd Valkyrie 444 TYPE-ZERO2 Candidate1.5d 'Apocalypse Now' with cbrandin 'Pure Original 444 Matrix' and 'Modified 444 Matrix' - seta.ini - Released 04/11/2012

This is also the version which adjusted safer from C1.5b in HBR and 720p as same as C1.5c.

I think that the freezing issue at the moment of the focus was solved nearly perfectly also in Panny lens use.

Honestly, I am not sure which of C1.5c and C1.5d is better. However, IMHO, the GOP table of C1.5d is better?

Please compare these! And I am very glad if I can get feedbacks.

*If this is also still unstable, I will further adjust.

Special thanks to @har_k, @syoushow, @Tobsen, @peternap, @jul, @towi, @flaschus, @Berlin and @Mrhechang! :-)

*24p and 720p are the same as C1.5c.

• Superb-looking simulated 444 matrix from cbrandin

• Modified 444 matrix from my BETA Team in Japan is adopted in HBR/1080i and 720p modes.

• Upto 140M for Top Quality 1080p30 at Q18 in 24L mode with 80% Slow-Motion Mode (No Sound)

• Upto 55M for Top Quality 720/60p modes

• Beautiful 3 GOP bringing short GOP style detail & movement-rendition in 24p and 1080i

• In camera playback is sometimes not available in 24p. In other mode, available after reboot the camera.

Please DL original raw data to look the REAL IQ. *These videos are only samples for image quality.

bkmcwd Valkyrie 444 TYPE-ZERO2_Candidate1.5d 'Apocalypse Now' with cbrandin 'Pure Original 444 Matrix' and 'Modified 444 Matrix'.zip
    Valkyrie_444_TYPE-ZERO2_C1.5d_24p_ISO160_flower_sp_qp.JPG
    1297 x 633 - 550K
    Valkyrie_444_TYPE-ZERO2_C1.5d_HBR30p_ISO160_flower_sp_qp.JPG
    1296 x 634 - 560K
  • Since it seems that there is some confused people, I explain the newest settings anew.

In many high-bitrate settings already released in this forum, including mine, there was the issue which a camera freezes at the moment of focusing. Although this mainly happens in HBR or 1080i, there are also some settings which freeze in 24p or 720p. It seems that especially this issue will occur easily if a Panny lens is used. As for this, it is considered to be the cause that a Panny lens consumes the resource of a camera considerably.

Since this problem is dependent also on the lens used, there are some persons not noticing. I was also hardly troubled.

However, since the settings which makes a camera freeze during recording could not be used as the tool at any times, I aimed at solving this.

As the result, the latest settings in which I corrected this issue are these:

UPDATE(2012/11/04): Valkyrie 444 TYPE-ZERO2 Candidate1.5d 'Apocalypse Now' with cbrandin 'Pure Original 444 Matrix' and 'Modified 444 Matrix'http://personal-view.com/talks/discussion/comment/95603#Comment_95603

UPDATE(2012/11/03): Valkyrie Flat4 V2 'Apocalypse Now' with Driftwood's Flat 4 Matrix in all modeshttp://personal-view.com/talks/discussion/comment/95494#Comment_95494

UPDATE(2012/11/02): "GOP3ZILLA_3_Candidate 4" setting.http://personal-view.com/talks/discussion/comment/95291#Comment_95291

UPDATE(2012/11/02): Valkyrie 444 TYPE-ZERO2 Candidate1.5c 'Apocalypse Now' with cbrandin 'Pure Original 444 Matrix' and 'Modified 444 Matrix'http://personal-view.com/talks/discussion/comment/95258#Comment_95258

UPDATE(2012/11/01): "GOLGOP3-13-A_Candidate 4b" setting.http://personal-view.com/talks/discussion/comment/95097#Comment_95097

UPDATE(2012/11/01): "GOLGOP3-13-MAX_Candidate 4b" setting.http://personal-view.com/talks/discussion/comment/95097#Comment_95097

UPDATE(2012/11/01): "GOLGOP3-13-A_Candidate 5" setting.http://personal-view.com/talks/discussion/comment/95097#Comment_95097

UPDATE(2012/11/01): "GOLGOP3-13-MAX_Candidate 5" setting.http://personal-view.com/talks/discussion/comment/95097#Comment_95097

In these settings, as long as 95MB/s SDXC card is used, this freezing issue is canceled nearly perfectly. *Since there is no time, I am not doing verification in case other cards are used.

I renewed many settings in a hurry for such a reason recently.

If these are also still unstable, I will further adjust.

Many thanks for your feedbacks! :-)

• @bkmcwd. I tested C1.5b with FSH and it failed with write error and freezing with SDXC 95mbs card using Panny 14-140 lens. The bitrates ranged from 50 to 80mb. Then I tested with C1.5d and I had no errors. It also worked with Sandisk 32gb 30mbs card. However, the bitrates were lower and ranged from 40 to 60mb.

• Many thanks for feedback, @Zaven13! :-)

However, the bitrates were lower and ranged from 40 to 60mb.

I think whether to be the appropriate bit rate in order to use HBR and FSH safely. However...BTW, what kind of result is it in C1.5c? Depending on conditions, C1.5c may become the higher bit rate.

And it is also checked by the difference in the film mode setting that the bit rate changes considerably.

• GOLGOP3-13-A_Candidate 5 HBR TEST
    nos(-2,0,0,0) AWB+B5
    panny 12-35mm F2.8
    no color grading

• @Mrhechang : Don't know if only my eyes see that way, but the video test looks to me like a cheap full hd camcorder: poor image, thin shapes, ...

• @producer, perhaps your right, but then again no one uses light properly when testing. At least @Mrhechang is giving it a try. Certainly as a producer you would find that the use of light or the time of day dictate what the ultimate product looks like. Right?

• @exilenorth: Of course, right!

But what I mean is the structure of the picture itself typical for GH series at all. Canons or even Sonys would never produce such a weak picture.

For example, my friend bought Sony A57 and I was sceptical about it. But when I watched the photo and video test, I was surprised by the deep thick shapes and details, much closer to the professional cameras and videocameras. While GH series still give really thin shapes and object details and that's why I strongly appealed many times to creating or modifying the GH color profiles in that direction.

• @producer Interersting what you mentioned re Sony A57. Has your friend posted any footage online-I'd be interested in checking it out. I'd say the video you saw doesn't necessarily represent the very best final end result of a GH2, as it was a test. Everyone's experience is different, but I've gotten some very nice results using the Apocalypse Now Boom setting, with camera at Smooth all -2, except saturation at 0, a 50mmLomo lens, and with slight adjustment of Luma curve. I've used that when recently shooting a trailer for a film I'll be filming soon. The final edits are being done this week, so I'll post soon. In the meantime, if you haven't seen the trailer for 'Musgo', check it out on Vimeo. This is a feature shot recently with a GH2 using the hack and a modest bitrate setting. It's a pretty good looking trailer. Hope this is helpful.

I'd def be into checking Sony A57 footage, so any link is most appreciated. Thanks

• @Mrhechang Thanks always mate! :-) I think that this is not bad as a result of HBR.

@producer @exilenorth @matt_gh2 Many thanks for interesting discussion! :-)

BTW, is it taken into consideration although the sample by @Mrhechang is with HBR? In GH2, the difference of image quality other than 24p is made clear. This sample by him shows a possibility of setting to HBR of GH2 of the image quality inferior to 24p. I think that this does not show the possibility of GH2 itself.

• The present GOLGOP3-13_C5s are upgraded as official settings as a result of verification. Similarly, I upgrade the newest candidate also in GOP3ZILLA as an official version.

About Valkyrie, I will wait for the feedback from you a little longer. :-)

UPDATE(2012/11/06):I upgraded GOLGOP3-13_C5s and GOP3ZILLA_3_C4 as official editionshttp://www.personal-view.com/talks/discussion/comment/57882#Comment_57882

• @producer, this may be a good opportunity to open a new Topic. I have seen so much work going into testing with the results being marginal at best. Some people do shoot decent work but most underestimate what the camera can do and limit there results. This unit has been proven to be strong and productive. I actual agree with you on this point.... shallow, thin, etc. It certainly does not represent the work that has gone into upgrading the firmware. There have been many successful ventures working in the matrix areas. @Cbrandin primarily has made major strides in this area. @producer, the abilities of this camera are constantly being mis represented by way of inexperience and timidness. Thanks For bringing this to the forefront.

• NEW!

bkmcwd Valkyrie 444 Hybrid Candidate1 'Apocalypse Now' with cbrandin 'Pure Original 444 Matrix' and 'Original EX Matrix' - setc.ini - Released 08/11/2012

This is a hybrid setting of Valkyrie 444 TZ2 and GOLGOP3-13.

EX matrix adopted in GOLGOP3-13 is adopted in other modes other than 24p.

Please try it! And I am very glad if I can get feedbacks.

*If this is also still unstable, I will further adjust.

Special thanks to @har_k, @syoushow, @Tobsen, @peternap, @jul, @towi, @flaschus, @Berlin, @Mrhechang and @shirap! :-)

• Superb-looking simulated 444 matrix from cbrandin in 24p

• Original EX matrix modified from SednaAQ1C is adopted in HBR/1080i and 720p modes.

• Upto 55M for Top Quality 720/60p modes

bkmcwd Valkyrie 444 Hybrid_Candidate1 'Apocalypse Now' with cbrandin 'Pure Original 444 Matrix' and 'Original EX Matrix'.zip
  • Valkyrie 444 TYPE-ZERO2 Candidate1.5d Color Graiding in AE

• @shirap Many thanks always! :-)

Although before release, I will send the Cinema Smooth Matrix version of Valkyrie to you. Please also try it.

This topic is closed.
← All Discussions
Start New Topic

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID

Sign In Register as New User

Tags in Topic

Top Posters