Personal View site logo
Johan Reinhold - Tears From The Start (Music Video made entirely on GH2)
  • Hi creative people!

Warner Music just released my latest music video and I am very proud to mention that I was able to shoot on Red Scarlet but chosen GH2 instead. Some may say I'm stupid but I wanted to show them what a cinematic result that little beast can give us.

Shot with Panasonic GH2, Sedna AQ1 & Apocalypse BOOM (Smooth -2-2-2-2) and Zeiss 50mm 1.8 Shot, directed, edited and graded by me.

Completely edited in Smoke 2012 and graded in DaVinci Resolve 9.

Read this article to find out more about the video: davidhjlindberg.blogspot.se/2012/10/music-video-johan-reinhold-tears-from.html

• 16 Replies sorted by
  • BEAUTIFUL! thank you very much :)

• awesome as always, David!

• David -- Gorgeous Video, Gorgeous Grade.

For me the audio is clipping quite hard, other Vimeo stuff is OK on this Mac. The first three kick drum beats are a good example.

• This is some of the best-looking footage I have seen from the GH2. Congratulations.

• absolutely stunning

• Awesome! All with the same lens? Your grading is beautiful!

• Wonderful work! Great to see a completed artistic project done with the GH2. Too bad about the macro-blocking around the 2:20 mark in the suit- I imagine you were pulling shadows up pretty hard-core at that point in the suit. That and the banding in the fog diffused light source around the 1:52 mark are the only indications that this is 8 bit footage- wonderful consistent grading on the project!

How did the BOOM footage work out in post? I haven't had a chance to try anything yet with real dynamic range.

• Very nice. Loved it :)

• Looks great, moves great. The timing and cuts were spot on. Can you elaborate a bit more on what you mentioned in the blog about the coloring?

• Coloring was great, altho i saw some diffrences in the performance part, some shots seemed off, and where a bit more blue then others.

The thing with the eyes, seems to hard for me, i personally would have made them 50% less in opacity since their so harsh now.

Nevertheless a pretty amazing musicviddy.

• @bumsklumpen @peaceonearth @andyharris @quickhitrecord @mrfanny @fix Thank you all! Glad you liked it!

@redbaron Yep, all with Zeiss 50mm 1.8.

@virgilr Thank you very much. Yeah, I had a really hard time grading this though I wanted information in his suit even though there wasn't any clean information to bring up. BOOM was good but I have to say I think Sedna AQ1 still is the one I prefer.

@svart Yeah I may do a more specific article about it when I get time.

@sicovdplas Yeah you're totally right, most of the scenes weren't perfectly grade. haha well none were perfectly grade but with the time limits I guess it was an acceptable grade overall at least. And yes, the eyes are a bit overdone but that\s kind of what I wanted, to make the scenes somewhat more interesting. But yeah, they could probably have been less saturated.

Thank you all again!

• @davidhjlindberg the scene with the performance looked great tho.

• Be proud, David. You're fucking good.

• Good work. Congratulations!

• Beautiful! Something strange in the image @ 02:08.