Personal View site logo
GoPro Hero3 , 4K is here in Baby Steps for $399.99!
  • 642 Replies sorted by
  • not available before beginning of january in France... Any chance to preorder from US ?

• Beautiful! Hope it ships on time. You hear me, GoPro? -____-

• The 1080p youtube version looks fantastic, so does the 720p.

Data rate for the black HD3 is 45Mbps,

White balance Auto and manual, 5 settings ......... Auto, 3000K, 5500K, 6500K, Cam Raw

• Pour me some more of that Kool-Aid! Just preordered. ;) Even through YouTube's hefty compression, the sharpness of the new lens and dynamic range of the new sensor show through. Can't wait till they release the owner's manual (or at least a Vimeo version!). :)

• Hero 3 video:

• 120 fps at 720p is pretty cool. 4k at 12 fps is like a Ferrari that has a max speed of 20 mph.

• Yep, the words ""internet streaming"on the box sold them a lot of cameras, but until today they still hadn't come good. Good marketing, bad CR

• 4K @ 12fps isn't really useful, but a win for marketing. "GoPro has 4K" - I've seen this a lot tonight. Smart move overall.

• An interesting choice for MicroSD, it still would've been a small camera if they kept the same form factor and allowed for SD. But the MicroSD market will catch up and offer nice options in the future. There are already 30mbs options for Micro, so that's good.

I think people will add weight for those mini-stabalizers anyway, but having a smaller form factor and still having these great res/fps options is amazing. Again, great forward thinking by GoPro.

• Micro SD card is a bummer, i'm always losing them, but had to be to reduce the physical size 30% according to the Announcement on stage at the Event.

• That's pretty fancy though VK, some nice choices there. image

076a952aed03931f21c8d268c83e33.jpg
    600 x 473 - 43K
  • Yeah, but 2.7K is 30fps, and 1440p is 48fps. Nice! :)

• 4k is only 12fps

• A man basically jumps out from Outer Space to Earth with a GoPro and Parachute, and yet we still complain?

For only $399.99, I think it's an awesome deal in 2012, and says to everyone else- 1080p is so 2011... try harder!

PS. GoPro: For the stunt, Baumgartner was fastened with high-definition video cameras. Wearable camera provider GoPro, an Inc. 5000 company that raked in $250 million in revenue last year, tweeted on Monday: "Red Bull reports all 5 GoPro cameras mounted in Felix's suit worked perfectly & the footage will be released shortly."

• Damn... look at the other frame-rates. 1080p 60fps and 720p 120fps!!!

• Don't see anything extra fancy.

Newer sensors allow much higher frame rates.

Check posts abotu Sony and Aptina ones.

RIght now limit lies in LSI, RAM and memory cards, not sensors. Here I mean small sensors.