Personal View site logo
Official Panasonic GH3 topic, series 2
  • 1024 Replies sorted by
  • By now, I've seen some pretty decent GH3 footage. I think the camera and the features it offers, especially the wifi, is great and makes for a very worthy upgrade. Secretly, deep down... I'm still far more in love with the GH2's image. Despite the hack or any specific patch, I love the aesthetic. Hard to nail it down to just one thing, but whatever it is, it's not really showing up in the GH3. Might have something to do with it being a Sony sensor.. . but who knows. Overall, I think that those who buy it, will be very pleased, and when the hack eventually comes out- this baby will transform into a real powerhouse.

• ++

Structure of image is great. Main concern atm is structure of story..

• How easy or difficult will it be to implement a waveform monitor into a GH3 hack as with Magic Lantern on the Canon's? Would it be possible?

• really hope it is a prank :s

original file (1920x1080 / 54MB) for 27 sec

• Edited (Erase it Vitaliy).

• @Manu4Vendetta be careful Manu that's no made with GH3 ! but with GH13 ! some people on Vimeo uses to put "GH3" tags to get more visibility on their videos

• @Valporado. Its right, but I cant erase. :(

• Original (4608 x 3072) GH3 samples (No setting info) :

http://www.flickr.com/photos/panasonicuk/sets/72157631566124343/detail/

JUST right hand on the picture and select Original file for see the big size

some of those pictures can be found in panasonic's official website.

http://panasonic.net/avc/lumix/dslm/gh3_special/gallery/daniel_berehulak/index.html

Like for this picture i can tell you that it is (LEICA DG SUMMILUX 25mm F1.4, 1/40 sec, ISO 1250) : http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8035/7999526698_a6c423ff69_o.jpg

• A video

@amateur Whoops! would have sworn that wasn't there, thanks.

• @Arquer053

already on page 8... but thank you

• Does anyone know what the DR is of the GH3 and how it compares with low light to say the Canon C300 with C-Log?

• Nobody knows what the DR is, not even Panasonic. At least Panasonic Japan did not tell Panasonic Germany for the Photokina.

• augen-sensor in the menu? eye sensor. wondering to see if u can see for M-A Sensor

• Spitzlichter? Könnte das Zebra werden?< No!

• now with the Canon 7D outputting clean hdmi 4:2:2 as well as the Olympus OM-D is also potentially possible to hack with clean hdmi 4:2:2 and also possibly 1080p 120fps. Will Panasonic step up for the GH3? Seems like the GH3 will get some serious competition now.

• i don't know for you guys but i'm already waiting for the GH5 hope they will speed up the waiting delay for like november 2013.

• hope they will speed up the waiting delay for like november 2013.

Interesting, as it looks like Gh3 will be widely available around that date. :-)

• what really discusted me is those ''sony sensor (same as em-5)'' where's this told Wide Dynamic range ? as i know it is only 12.3 ! does panasonic sees the competition over the engine processing performance ???

but i only blame the sources if it is only 12.3 EV anyways we'll see the real tests in the november 30

BTW : http://www.43rumors.com/ft3-new-4k-varicam-mft-camera-coming-in-january/

Edit : 43rumors : It is aimed to compete against all high end DSLR APS-C cameras like the Nikon D7000 or Canon 7D.

D7000 is 13.9, i just wish a 12.9 EV that's it

• if it is only 12.3 EV

LOL, if it is even 12 EV in actual movie mode it'll be really very good.

• 12.3 EV for movie frames from a camera would be out of this world. Isn't the current generation offering only 8 stops or less that is less than the lowest JPEG setting's?

• Isn't the EV in still mode different from the EV in video mode? Even the Canon 5D is under 11 EV if I can remember.

• The GH3 is supposed to be much improved DR and for us the key issue is how much better in Movie mode. One thing to keep in mind is that how cameras actually handle Low Light and highlights is a huge issue. Some cameras look horrible handling highlights, but are really strong in low light.

One of the things we don't know yet is just how the GH3 will really perform with the best settings. From what i've seen no one has been able to confirm that the pre-production GH3's even had flat picture profiles available. So i'm waiting to see just what the final model GH3's are really capable of when set right. I will say that what I saw did seem to show improved DR, so I think already that this is one positive. Just how much is hard to say.

This topic is closed.
← All Discussions