Personal View site logo
Weird audio cd problem - does anyone have any clues what can have gone wrong?
  • 53 Replies sorted by
  • I'd like to buy a copy if they're for sale!

• Could be - I'm wondering if something has gone amiss when they make the glass master, but it's not a process I know that much about because it happens in the factory. Then they press the CDs from that. It is really, really weird, and nothing I've come across before.

Thank you for the comment about the music - it's designed to be quite "close" sounding as it's for use in big halls where children have their sessions. We did 28 tracks in all, and it's been a lot of fun - this is the second run. The first run of 1500 was absolutely fine, but that was a physically different master (same company though, I think anyway - although saying that, the text font burned into the circle in the middle of the CD is a bit different, so maybe it's a different pressing factory.

I'm just trying to make sure they don't blame me for this. Really difficult when you have 1000 shrink-wrapped CDs sitting in front of you, all of them unusable!

• I'm getting real hard of hearing Mark. Maybe sounded a tad flat but I didn't notice anything striking.

I sure do love the music though!

Correction, I put my headphones on and there is a real issue there. Sounds like electronic interference to me. I think they have some equipment problems?