Personal View site logo
GH2 Problem: Video colors look different before I press record.
  • I've noticed that my GH2 shows drastically different video colors before I hit record. Before (After I set the proper white balance/iso), everything has a nice neutral white/blue tint to it. However, right when I hit record, the color changes to a dark and grimier greenish yellow.

What's going on? Why is there such a massive difference and how do I make the recorded video look like what I see before recording?

Thank you.

• 15 Replies sorted by
  • 2 min of searching will give you more than enough answers :)

• well that's helpful. I thought the idea of user forums was for support in a like minded community. I'll be honest, i've searched on this issue as well and have not come across anything helpful. Good question

• I did search it but I couldn't find a decent solution.

• @acuriousman Sorry to break it to you but there is no solution for the gamma shift when pressing record only explainations to what causes it. It is what it is. GH1 had the same thing.

• That's normal the GH2 does that you just gotta get use to the shift knowing that not how the final image will look @acuriousman here is a video I just shot video with the flowmotion v2.2 check it out but I tell you youtube compression is horrible.. vimeo next stop ;)

• @ Sph1nxster The reason I said that is because this topic HAS been discussed many times before here. Vitaliy does not like people opening up topics when there's already multiple threads about the same thing. I'm sure this will be closed soon. I don't know what you're searching but it comes up right away for me.

• @vicharris that's for vitaliy to decide. @acuriousman I don't have an answer for you but try "gamma shift" in your search and maybe that'll help. My gh2 has the same problem but it really doesn't bother me when i am shooting.

• google " gh2 color change personal-view " shoud give lots of answers

• pff, just click the google link i posted before, if you want help, then take it when its handed over, in that link there is a lot off help, from all over the web about this.

• @bangkng Really? How many times has this shit happened and the same reaction gets posted? What's wrong with telling someone to do 5 min of friggin research before they ask a VERY known problem with this camera with answers all over this board and internet? I'll post what I want thank you. It was in no way rude or out of line.

• I noticed this kind of dynamic range compression long time ago. HD mjpeg mode seems doesn't produce it.

• @acuriousman Did you choose for your shooting "camera mode"? Did you set in your "camera mode" the right setting (P/A/S/M) for your footage? It might help....

• People, there's no fix. It's already been said here and 100's of other times. It is what it is.

• 2 min of searching will give you more than enough answers

One or two answers would be better. That's why we need our own Knowledge Base Wiki.