Personal View site logo
Apefos Scoperama Anamorphic Adapter Development Topic
  • 470 Replies sorted by
  • Great work! I'm also interested if it is still usable at f1.4 or how it will perform on a 50mm.

So an afocal system will not be possible?

• @apefos I do like the organic way it flares though.

• I like the flares a lot. I actually think the grass is a good subject for looking at the sharpness .. centre compare to edges. It looks promising.

I am guess work on the focus and shoot some charts :)

• Looks good @apefos. I dig the flares also. But I am interested in seeing the lens wide open focussed on an object in the foreground while the backgrkund is out of focus. Im glad you did not give up also.

• Squeezing looks good although I don't like the flare much.

More sample please :)

• Not too shabby!

As you say, you have some problems with focusing it. I need an adapter which you can refocus. However, would it in worst case be so that you could make one to go with specific lenses?

• Like i said : not worse than a Century Optics. And they get prices now on eBay they sold for new years ago. I think if you pursue this and try to improve on it, this could be a real winner. I'd be interested for sure if the corner sharpness is better. I'm interested ast to whether this is possible.

• you are already a hero for dedicating your time to this :)

• Looks fine to me! As others have said: could use a picture of a street at night with lamps and edge details and a wide open portrait shot with lot of OOF background.

• Thank you all for the feedbacks!

Before shoot a street scene, shallow dof talking head scene, day and night, lights, cars, buildings and people, I need to build the focus mechanism. It will allow me the precise focus in different situations. Also the focus mechanism will allow me to try apertures from 1.4 to 16 with the best possible results and find which camera lenses can be used.

About afocal system: the optical design follows the afocal principle, but when the object distance changes the distance between the squeeze lens and diopter lens needs to change. So the focus mechanism is a must. When shooting, the camera operator will need to do focus in the camera lens and in the anamorphic adapter. Do not worry, I will do a tutorial how to do it when the final version become ready.

Today, monday, I was working from 6 am to 5 pm. The draft draws for the focus mechanism turned into the final design for the black plastic body with adjustable cylindrical and distance focus. The plastic pieces are already with the plastic partner to build it. The lenses from the best optical design are in the multicoating service.

After assembling it I can do footage with all desired scenes and show the adapter and how to mount and how to do focus in the video. After this footage get ready I believe the Kickstart project can be open to build some units. It will take about three weeks for me to get the parts to assemble what I believe will be the Apefos Scoperama Anamorphic Adapter.

• @Ian_T check your PM

• Now I proved it works I think it is time to open the kickstarter project to build the final version. I think a 250 usd project will be enough to help me to do this. So I need to shoot a video showing the prototype and some images and the draw for the final version. After this video is online the kickstarter project can be open.

• In some google searches it seems Scoperama word is used by others. So I need to change the name for "Scopefos" or "Anapefos" or "Anamorpefos" or "Anamorpefoscope" or "Apefoscope" or "Anapefoscope"

I vote for "Anapefoscope" What about you all?

• Apephoscope anamorphic adapter?

• how about a plain: anamorfos?

• @RRRR Anamorphose like in dutch old paintings?

• Yes, why not.. character. :)

• Could be apefos anamorfos, too.

Like iscorama anamorphot, memorable. :)

• Strongly recommend that you use the word 'anamorphic' in the name, or else nobody (except people in this forum) is going to know what it is. I can't even pronounce the names you were suggesting. Keep it simple.

• @Ralph_B

"Anamorphic adapter" can be in the description (which essentially is a subhead), it doesn´t have to be in the name. A memorable name that stands out is better in my opinion.

• Anamorphic Ape?

• +1 for ApefoScope. Really excited and looking forward to all the coming attractions.

• on a second thought, picturing your product name in internet forums not connected to this forum, probably a more descriptive name would be wise. anamorphos /anamorfos for example, does the job pretty good I think the "ph" version is better- everyone knows what to expect! thats key! :)

• Nothing too difficult, i think. Something original perhaps with anamorphic in it, so Google searches lead to your adapter?

• HOLLY SHIT, YOU ACTUALLY MADE IT!!!! CONGRATULATIONS,

Apart from the chromatic aberration, and some distorion (its expected you are not leica and stuff) for making it by yourself and showing the posibility of making one, im shure now in 2012 we can say YOU MADE IT.

Keep on proving wrong to people. Nicely done Apefos. Go brazil!!!

Cheers from Perú.