Personal View site logo
WinRewrap - Batch ReWrap MTS to MP4/MOV .
  • 98 Replies sorted by
  • thanks.

still get license error using latest gopro cineform codec v.8.3.4 when running video analysis pass. It encodes 1080 fine durring pass two when saving avi as though.

also get error-4 using matrox mpeg2 Iframe for video analysis pass with 1080 and 720 footage.

Where do you guys think I am going wrong? codecs are selected from compression menu. running vdub 1.9.11 32bit on win 7 64bit.

• newest gopro cineform. I can use it no problem with 1080p.

also available: canopus HQ codec, essentially the same.

• another vdub question. what codec's do you guys use to convert in vdub for deshake? I currently use gopro cineform codec, works fine with 720 but has liscence error when converting 1080p files.

edit:it works if its uncompressed in pass 1 then switched to cineform on pass 2 save as avi. though would much prefer a more streamline approach

thanks

• Hey CraftyClown!

Okay try to read what ffmbc.exe says. unhide the ffmbc window and try to make a screenshot before it disappears. send me a pm with the screenshot. :) I will look into the problem!

• Hi fatpig, I think I must be missing something here because I can't get your rewrapper to work.

I am adding both your gui and ffmbc to the folder that contains the mts files from my AF100, I click the browse button and then ok which gets the process started and Winrewrap goes through the batch process, each time listing successful for the mts files, however all I am left with is a bunch of mp4 files that are 0 bytes.

Any ideas?

I tried dslrpostprep, which successfully rewrapped my files to mp4, however it also converts the audio to aac, which sadly causes my Avid to have even more problems when I try to ingest the files :(

I have also tried Avidemux, but that crashes everytime I select a file. On their website they say deselect opengl in the preferences to stop this, but I'm afraid this makes no difference :(

If anyone knows of another rewrapper for windows that will successfully changes the container without changing the contents, I will be eternally grateful :)

I'm starting to think I'm cursed!

• @thepalalias brilliant. yep, as long as the processing part is batch automated im happy. thanks!

btw, audio sync was an audio delay value error on my part. thanks again guys.

• @MRfanny There's a semi-batch method. You still have to do each clip individually to set it up first, but then it will process them all for you in a batch.

• 1 Configure your setting the way you want all of them to be processed.
    • 2 Load your first video file.
    • 3 In Deshaker make sure that "Pass 1" is selected and in the left tab change "deshaker.log" to "the name of your filename.log", then click "OK".
    • 4 Click OK for the filters.
    • 5 Click File>"Queue Batch Operation" > "Run Video Analysis Pass"
    • 6 Click File>"Queue Batch Operation" > "Save as AVI" (or push Ctrl+Shift+F7)
    • 7 Repeat 2-6 for each additional video file.
    • 8 Click File>"Job Control" (or push F4)
    • 9 Click "Start"

Note that you may want to close and re-open VirtualDub after step 7. This ensures that your list is saved, so that you can start again from step 8 if you encounter a crash.

• thanks kankala, that worked a treat also (audio is out of sync though for some reason). another vdub beginner question. is there a way to batch process mts files for deshake? so far i have to do each clip manually.

• @MRfanny virtualdub can open MTS files with ffinputdriver plugin (http://code.google.com/p/ffinputdriver/downloads/list) plugin and maybe even with the dshowinputdriver plugin (http://forums.virtualdub.org/index.php?act=ST&f=7&t=15093).

I used virtualdub with ffinputdriver to transcode avchd to canopus hqx in order to avoid the quicktime h264 decoder. to transcode to prores i used ffmbc with batch files.

it's great that this initiative is made, now the benefits of ffmbc are available to a lot more people. congratulations @fatpig

• happy to hear that :)

• vdrop worked like a treat =). Much appreciated!

• nice :) maybe good for later additions :)

• BTW: avidemux 2.6 can not only re-multiplex MTS files into other video container formats (such as .mp4 or .mkv), it also allows cutting at I-frames without recompression or loss of quality. I've used it a lot for cutting GH2 recorded .MTS files quickly and coarsely before composing them much later in another application.

• thanks, guys, I will include the link in the OP. My Bad. :)

• @notrons: post prep tool looks like a nice tool :) thanks for pointing me to it. I think the XML standard is universal, it should be no problem.

My Tool is strictly for rewrapping only, not converting :)

• Sounds great for Vegas users. Will the process work for Premiere Pro output to xml also?

For non-Vegas users, for similar functionality plus a variety of conversion codecs to choose from (as well as simple re-wrap to .mp4) check out DSLR Post Prep Utility for Windows at http://hdcinematics.com/NewWeb/tools.html. If you need timecode and reel name metadata try AWU or TCBurner. These tools do not modify xml files however. For Mac users check out the thread on MACWU @ http://www.personal-view.com/talks/discussion/4670/collecting-ideas-to-build-up-a-avchd-prores-resolve-workflow./p1

Hats off to @fatpig for adding another free tool to the shed for AVCHD users! It will be interesting to see in what direction Vegas users will drive further development!

• Are you sure that Virtualdub opens any H.264 files? I can recommend to you another tool I wrote, which uses avisynth via directshow to import any videofile into vdub, it is called vdrop and can be found here:

http://board.gulli.com/thread/945566-vdrop-v0-1-jede-art-von-video-in-virtualdub-oeffnen/ I developed it for exactly this purpose (Deshaker).

If any weird problems occur, try running as admin or placing it on desktop/ in folder program files

You have to have AviSynth installed.

• very handy. thanks for your efforts. looking for an mts workflow for virtualdub deshake. virtualdub doesnt open the rewrapped files unfortunately as I had hoped.

• Hi Fatpig

This app can help me and my company a lot

Were looking for developer that will compile us a AVCHD to MOV re-wrap tool that will work using Avid AMA.

We are willing to pay for this.

We need it to support:

• ReWrap MTS and M2TS to MOV
    • Combine over 4GB files (spanned) into one long QT
    • support for 23.976,24,25,29.97,50,59.94 FPS

Please contact me at dori at opus-tv dot co dot il

Thanks!!

Dori

• happy to help. :) I compiled another version for you, try it :)

• Thanks for this handy tool. Is there any reason why the audio gets converted to aac? Can we have an option to keep the original audio format without conversion?