Personal View site logo
AN "Valkyrie", GOLGOP3-13, GOP3ZILLA, natural, Freeze-less Reliable All-round GOP3 Settings :-)
  • 1001 Replies sorted by
  • @soru

"The autum is coming"

Yes! It is my most favorite season. :-)

Although based on your lens or composition, of course, the GOLGOP3-13 may be suitable rather than Valkyrie. Since TYPE-ZERO 1&2 are extreme settings, they may not be fit for natural fine depiction.

Since I have some variations of 444 matrices which had priority given to resolving more, I will also combine them with Valkyrie soon.

• @bkmcwd: I thought Soru used a Panny Lens, a scenario in which soft matrix fits the bill and works best?

I am using candidate 1.3 right now with a lot of old canon fd glass. It looks good, but you would perhaps recommend a sharper 444 matrix or golgop more for that scenario and setup? Thank you!

• @Mirrorkisser Thanks for using Valkyries! :-)

I am not sure people's subjective liking well. The purpose will be up to persons, even though they shoot the same "Autumn."

I am going to release soon more sharp Valkyrie. It may become the character somewhat near GOLGOP3-13. By such a reason, I wanted to tell soru "Please try GOLGOP3-13."

• @bkmcwd: I have to thank you in the first place for developing such a great setting!!

How high are the bitrates at 24p with golgop3-13? thank you

• @Mirrorkisser Thank YOU! :-)

"How high are the bitrates at 24p with golgop3-13?"

It is probably about 100-115M.

• @bkmcwd

OK, I'll try GOLGOP3-13 with pleasure.

• @soru

;)

@flaschus

"second file is good"

Since I recognize Fallback tables to be the safeguards, the stocks are used as they are in principle in my settings, but I am interested in what kind of good change there is in your combination.

• @bkmcwd I'm not sure what your reservations about fall colors are with c!.3 I'm going to load one camera with GOLGOP3-13 and try it on dense foliage on the farm this week (It hasn't turned yet) but to be honest, I haven't been able to drive C 1.3 into fall back mode yet. Why do you think GOLGOP3-13 will be better?

This is the chart from last night

girl.png
    1920 x 1080 - 2M
    stream-w-girl.jpg
    1600 x 900 - 781K
  • @soru Beautiful and professional results from very skilful work. It looks so clean that I assume there is skilful processing and grading also involved. I say this because the picture is so very very good viewed frame by frame - exceptional.

@peternap Attached is a visualisation of the frame you posted. Can you disclose what viewer you are using to produce the PNG file? If this frame is representative of the footage straight out of the camera (no grading or noise reduction) then it is a very strong endorsement for the patch you are using (particularly with this subject matter, it is very clean). What are your settings for WB and ISO in this instance?

@cbrandin @Lpowell Thanks for further insights into the GH2 encoder and your patches.

BLtV_pn.png
    1920 x 1080 - 2M
  • @VICX I'm using Media Player Classic - Home Cinema and just saving the frame as a PNG. Straight out of the camera Auto WB Iso 800 Standard -2 14-140 lens

This patch has been extremely impressive.

• @vicx thanks for your comment. I just softened the highlight to some clips by tweaking curve a little bit, but the whole color is not changed. AWB, Nos(-2 except color)

• @soru very nice footage, just got a chance to look at it now.

• @bkmcwd... very impressed with how well it grades.. everything! plz chk it out ASAP...

screenshot@ 160iso, 1/50, 135mm@ f16 standard -2,-2,0,-2

VALKYRIE-BOOM.png
    1920 x 1080 - 4M
  • @flaschus what setting is that?

• @bkmcwd I tried GOLGOP3-13 MAX on the farm today. This is an extremely busy Screen Grab from 30 feet up. I'm not sure I like it better than Zero C1.3. I'll have to do some grading to tell. As expected, it does not play well straight out of the camera but it was stable enough.

And a second shot from another tree stand at the river.

farm folig1.png
    1920 x 1080 - 4M
    farm folig2.png
    1920 x 1080 - 4M
  • @peternap My strange English is sorry to confuse you! ;-)

"C1.3 does not become Fallback mode" and "GOLGOP3-13" are not related at all.

"reservations about fall colors" is a subject matter depending on each person's liking.

Some persons may like GOLGOP3-13 of middle character better than extreme TYPE-ZERO2...It is a talk of only that.

BTW, how do you evaluate GOLGOP3-13-MAX? It must be the exactly middle character of a stock and 444 matrices.

And thanks again for your StreamParser result.

• @flaschus

Looks very good! :-) Is this with C1.3 combined with flat 4 matrix? Do I need to make Valkyrie of the F4 matrix version?

• @peternap There is many strange places in your Screen grabs in some places. Are these caused by the data itself? Or are a media player etc. the cause?

peternap_forest_400%.png
    1332 x 748 - 894K
    peternap_forest_400%_2.png
    1332 x 748 - 1M
  • bkmcwd The Strangeness is NOT in the data BK. Every player I have has trouble playing those huge I frames and what happens looks like massive macroblocking (what you would see on a digital television signal when you're about to lose it). This does not happen in lower light clips.

After rendering in post the data is very clean and sharp.

• Valkyrie 444 TYPE-ZERO1

(My next gay film) http://poetryfilm.wordpress.com/

• @peternap I felt relieved. ;-) The GOLGOP3-13 must be more sharp than TYPE-ZERO2.

• @shirap Many thanks always for trying my settings. Looks pretty nice! :-)

As for "TYPE-ZERO2 C1.3", also in 24p, stability is improved from TYPE-ZERO1. Please try C1.3.

• @bkmcwd

"Looks very good! :-) Is this with C1.3 combined with flat 4 matrix?"

yep, it is!
    I have been shooting/testing allday and i think the answer to the question:

"Do I need to make Valkyrie of the F4 matrix version?"

is: "DEFINATELY!"

the c1.3 combined with flat 4 matrix i uploaded earlier has been working flawlessly for me so far, and i have been getting amazing results, however, i do not use streamparser, just my eyes, so who knows what is really going on?

@peternap... c1.3 w boom (flat4s) matrix... second setting file on the previous page. :)

• @flaschus

OK, I will try to arrange it! :-)

• @flaschus How does it handle 720P?

This topic is closed.
← All Discussions
Start New Topic

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID

Sign In Register as New User

Tags in Topic

Top Posters