Personal View site logo
T.V. Magic Show filmed with GH2
  • Hey everyone! Firstly, I want to thank Vitally and Driftwood for their amazing work. Im currently filming a pilot for a T.V. show about an illusionist in El Salvador with the GH2.

• 13 Replies sorted by
  • @APA This looks fantastic! Mind sharing what lens(es) you used? Did you crop it to an anamorphic perspective, or use anamorphic glass?

• @Sangye Thanks! I used a Canon FD 50mm 1.4 and I cropped it. Im looking into getting an anamorphic adapter soon though, any recommendations?

• Looked great. Now, if you could just keep that bulb from wiggling while it's floating, it'd look less like it's attached to a string.. :)

• wiggly bulb +1 ...aaaand: it -seems- you did not frame it right while shooting. maybe did not have anamorphic markings on your display? I always forget those, too. but in the end its always framed a little too close. :)

but hey- content is king. I liked it!

• @svart @fatpig agreed about the wobble.. The reality is that illusions like this one are extremely difficult, and the difference between getting it flawless and a little wobble is about as tricky and sensitive as balancing a cheap steadicam. I would have loved to film it again, but I just have too many things to film and not enough time right now. Also with the framing, I think this is where the 2x crop factor on the gh2 really comes into play. Yould be surprised at how tight the space was and how far back I was. Wish I would have had a 45mm! Glad you liked it though :)

• Just finished a new Flourish video for this project! (shot on GH2 in 720p with BOOM!)

• Were almost there! Official trailer finally up :) this project has been shot entirely on the GH2

• Excellent work. Great production work in more than just the image too!

• Yes, I must say an all around well done project. Very professional looking.

• @vicharris thank you very much