Personal View site logo
GH3, future, new firmware and expectations...
  • Panasonic probably fix many of the problems. Can we draw a revision list. I'm sure this list will be useful for @Vitaliy_Kiselev and his new toy GH3vK :)

• 18 Replies sorted by
  • We have simple rule, until camera will be in our members hands and we'll have more focused fact based discussion I want to keep one topic. OK?

What do you mean under revision list?

• Sorry for my bad english. We all know that, this camera was running firmware version v0.4 and so by no means final yet. I thought it might be under a heading "Expectations". People are waiting for something new firmware.

• Got it. I think we have big GH3 firmware wishlist topic :-) It made very long list.

• Peaking & 4:3 video recording please.

• It's interesting Vitaliy. IMO, the success of the GH1, GH2 and unless there's a lot more to the GH3 than I've seen...the GH3, was/is due to your work. You'd think Panasonic would put you on the board of directors! Anyway....Clean HDMI

• Dirty HDMI option, please . . . very dirty, but with parental controls of course. how they can want $1300 for just one body is ridiculous. Unless it can display dirty stuff via HDMI and can make me espresso, I will not pre-order it. I've lost all faith in Panasonic, I guess I'll just go back to some other religion for affirmation that I am awesome and hipster. I would beat myself to death with my camera, but GH2 body is plastic and therefore cheap and obsolete and would not work.

• Near term this is an exercise in futlity. 7 weeks from general availability, I am sure the first release feature set is etched in stone already, the system hardware is also etched in stone. What Panasonic does now until November is ensuring a stable product. To what extent can "other features" be added into future releases will no doubt be constrained by hardware limitations, and I am sure there are plenty. For a $1300 consumer product, the R&D and supply chain teams will have to meet a hard cost target and cost reduction curve as volume ramps up.

• LOG C Picture Profile, to play with this incredibly unbelievable magic "only" 12stops "extra wide dynamic range"

10bits/422 HDMI output

120fps 720P

That's all.

Thanks panny.

• I forgot ... Giving GH3 dump to Vitaliy as soon as possible, to make real precedent post.

many, many thanks panny. :-)

• 422 not only in HDMI out but also in mov and mp4 compression

Timecode in through remote-plug

Focus peaking

• gh3 yes it will do all modes above 154mbit iframes. 60p 48p 50p 25p 30p all modes above iframe 154mbit.

• 720p120. Surely this camera is capable.

• Yeah, it's probably just a codec issue :/

• @disneytoy

Use proper topic.

The GH3 has multi aspect ratio sensor!

And stop bringing this shit.

• According to this video (http://www.43rumors.com/panasonic-us-manager-interview-focus-peaking-may-come-via-fw-update/) it has a multi aspect ration sensor, but it is not enabled by firmware. Is that possible?

• OK, I am closing this topic for some time, as it is going to be parallell.

@neveraholiday

Open video and look at it. I did not find any such claims inside.

All such claims come from one guy who claims that someone told him this in private chat.

This topic is closed.
← All Discussions