Personal View site logo
Official Panasonic GH3 topic
  • 1288 Replies sorted by
  • @driftwood Photokina Team @Aked has files of GH3 on SD card. Stills and video, no word if .mts or mov

• As you may notice by twitter, Dieter made photos and video using GH3, and will upload them for analysing after he'll be home :-)

• Any news about HDR? I suppose it's only for stills photography, right?

• @VK 48p or 50p for slow motion... I don't think it would make that much difference.

If it were the real time speed at 48p, yeap that would have been awesome.

• @stonebat ok thank you for your opinion ...

• @gabb3r

Because I don't always shoot at 2x frame rate for shutter speed. If there is very little motion then as fast a shutter as possible will yield the sharpest image.

But yes if there is a great deal of motion I would set it to 60 FPS and probably something like 1/125 through 1/500 shutter speed depending on how fast that motion is. The faster the motion the closer to 2x frame rate I go.

Indoors I usually cannot go faster than 1/125th because of fluorescent lighting.

• Is the LCD screen larger? Wondering how my Varivon Loupe will fit?

Have to say I am very disappointed about Peaking and Zebras. For me though the solid body and other bells and whistles is just enough to make me consider upgrading.

Damn rumours got my hopes up. The rumour sights seemed to sure to be wrong. booo!

• @gokuan003 Gh3 image quality seems definitely different from Gh2. I wouldn't say it's better or worse. But that makes Gh2's image quality to be unique. Definitely I'm not selling mine. Gh1 was different story where it's high bitrate 24p was sorta unstable.

• *1 Use a card with SD Speed Class with "Class10"

*2 Use a card with SD Speed Class with “Class 4” or higher.

.MOV files require class 10

All others still only require Class 4. It is amazing that they have All I frame recording with a warranty for class 10 cards. I don't believe there are any all intra GH2 settings that will never fail with "any" class 10 card.

• No news about the silver body?

• Hello, please correct me if I'm wrong:

• no more multi aspect aspect ratio sensor
    • no mention on minimum shutter speed option in auto ISO
    • no mention on zebra and/or some kind of realtime liveview highlight clipping
    • no mention on focus peaking

Any comment is welcome.

• @mpgxsvcd

They just wanted to use standard term, it is Class 10. But very shitty Class 10 cards exist.

• @mpgxsvcd Ah I see, thanks for the clarification!

• One thing I'd really love to know if there's a way to get a flat profile out of the cam. All the video's I've seen so far have very deep crushed blacks that makes it impossible to recover shadow detail in post.

• @essami

You already saw original footage from camera in big amounts? :-)

• Gh3 in studio...

GH3-VideoShot.jpg
    2808 x 1872 - 544K
  • Any word on how much DR we are actually getting, or is that something that has to be tested once folks get the footage back to do tests?

Those photos look pretty darn good. I guess the price point isn't that understandable when you consider you're also getting a much better stills camera. Still feels about 200-300$ too much for my wallet...

• @Vitaliy_Kiselev

Yes, but I have no idea what profile was used for those or if there are more options to tweak profiles then in GH2? I assume not since that likely would've been mentioned...

• High quality pictures of GH3. (From Official Press kit)

• From what I've seen I'm not impressed with the image. Clean HDMI is plus tho.

• @simurg

want to upload - use zip for such large images, ok?

• We are done here in cologne. We have been at the booth had the GH3 in our hands, tried a few things and did not get any answers. The people there did not know more as what was printed in the brochure. I hope my interview on wednesday with the Panasonic Manager will give answeres on the many questions that are still open.

• @AKED

All pretty typical for modern times :-)

• http://flic.kr/p/dbzWnP Igors picture of future lenses here. Thanks to the Photokina team for the coverage so far. Be sure to tip your waiter! :)

http://flic.kr/p/dbA1Kf the extras with a side view of GH3 showing ports arrangement

qr2.jpg
    800 x 592 - 90K
    qr3.jpg
    800 x 513 - 100K
This topic is closed.
← All Discussions