Personal View site logo
Official Panasonic GH3 topic
  • 1288 Replies sorted by
  • I hate this part about auto ISO being limited to ISO 3200.

(Extended ISO125 - less under 200, ISO more over 12800 - 25600 available) (Up to ISO3200 in Auto)

• In regards to anamorphic shooting it appears we won't get the highly wanted option to shoot video in 4:3. Too bad...

• @stonebat you are right, I edited my post when I saw it´s IPB compression only, but I´m happy 50p is there in mov container... goodbye avchd

• @mpgxsvcd

Plus use > for citations from Panasonic site, ok?

• So thats a 200 EUR hike compared to the list of GH2 with the 14-140 at introduction.

1000 EUR for the pro glass X 12-35 in the kit

• The Multi Exposure function lets you take up to four exposures in a single frame. You can layer subjects that wouldn't ordinarily appear in the same frame for an artistic effect, or make one subject appear two or three times in the same frame.

This is going to be really cool for Astro Photography.

• @Vitaliy_Kiselev

Looks like dpreview needs to correct that on their site. Also, I need to get some food before I starve. All this news scavenging has made me miss dinner.

• Important note about taking stills during videos.

*2 Not available at 60p (NTSC) / 50p (PAL) in AVCHD / MOV, 60i (NTSC) / 50i (PAL) in AVCHD, or 40 % / 48% slow-motion setting.

• Lumix GH3 prices, available November 2012, in black (sorry @vk):

• GH3 body-only 1.199,- Euro (UVP)
    • GH3 w/ Lumix G X Vario 2,8/12-35mm 2.199,- Euro (UVP)
    • GH3 w/ Lumix G Vario 4-5,8/14-140mm 1.799,- Euro (UVP)

according to Igor and DIeter

• @mpgxsvcd I wonder if it can output 24p and 60p via hdmi.

• @hedrox yes it does support 1080 50p/60p, but All-I frames for 720p mode only.

• The DMC-GH3 is capable of real-time image output on the external monitor via an optional HDMI mini cable simultaneously while recording video. It is suitable for the professional video making that requires serious monitoring of the imageries. You can choose to output only the recording content or the content with the setting menus individually depending on a display.

• A smartphone or a tablet can be used as a remote controller and a "remote monitor".

• I hope that decision about non multiaspect sensor helps support 24p mode on future Lumix Gf/Gx/G.

• GUYS! looks like they updated video specifications! 1080 50p in mov and 50mbit! hurray! http://panasonic.net/avc/lumix/systemcamera/gms/gh3/video_capability.html

• Only interframe mode for 50p and 60p should not be a show-stopper.

• Special of multi-aspect dreamers (I choosed improper, but more civil word here):

• [4:3] 4,608 x 3,456 (L),
    • [3:2] 4,608 x 3,072 (L)
    • [16:9] 4,608 x 2,592 (L)
    • [1:1] 3,456 x 3,456 (L)

All simple cropping from normal, non multiaspect sensor.

• @driftwood

Guys are working on this :-)

And remember that 50p and 60p Full HD modes do not have ANY intra option.

Only 50mbps.

• @konjow It is listed as a feature on http://panasonic.net/avc/lumix/systemcamera/gms/gh3/specifications.html However - too early to say how it works and IF it will be working on the bodies to be sold on next months...

• A thought for u all. All Intra tidied away under 50-72mbps. And people have said 154mbps isnt enough for a GH2 under Intra. Hopefully, I will have some GH3 mts files to analyse shortly.

• On abanico's twitter:

Iso manual 125 automatic 160

• @Psyco

May be. :-) One and only relict.

• any info about Auto Focus Tracking in Video improvement?

• @Vitaliy_Kiselev maybe its the same body dpreview had and the SAME body P.B. had for the video shoot? :-P

• Is it just me who likes the look of Genesis BTS better than the Genesis itself? So I guess my initial disimpression was due to the weird color grading.

And that French cat-test restored my confidence in Panasonic. Woofff... It's capable of delivering good picture. At least if grading maniacs keep their hands off it.

This topic is closed.
← All Discussions