Personal View site logo
Official Panasonic GH3 topic
  • 1288 Replies sorted by
  • lol just one!

• 42.5 f1.2, niceeee.

• Guys, guess how many GH3 bodies are provided to the press presented now at Panasonic event?

I'll help you.

ONE!

• this is very sad news to me, too much drawbacks , the only thing that can force me to buy it will be clean hdmi with 1080 50p 4:2:2 8bit or if Vitaliy and his team will make some magic again..

• Nice. Hopefully it will be down to at least EUR 1050 in a year.

• @Manu4Vendetta

You are mixing different things (sensor and image). All 4:3, 3:2, 16:9, 1:1 modes had always been available on non multy aspect sensors.

• Cat's Arse Hole Want are they trying to say?

• Maybe they have omitted some features intentionally for the hack ;-)

• Another shot with GH3 and CV 25mm f:0,95 and Panix 12-35mm f2,8

• I dont understand, in amazon and dpreview says the sensor is multi aspect (4:3, 3:2, 16:9, 1:1), but in http://www.personal-view.com/photokina/coverage/gh3 VK says is non multi aspect.

• Lower bitrate on higher fps modes - wtf? You get 80mbs for 30fps but only about half of it (50mbs) for twice the amount of data in 60fps mode?

Do not coprate interframe and intraframe modes. intraframe just do not work at 60p

To multi aspekt or to not multi aspekt?

It is not multy aspect.

• http://panasonic.net/avc/lumix/systemcamera/gms/gh3/video_expandability.html HDMI Monitor-Through

The DMC-GH3 is capable of image output via an optional mini HDMI cable to the external monitor even in a video recording.

• Things I really don't like:

1) No 100/120fps recording. Why no 720p100?

50/60p is nice, but I already have that with my GH2. Where is the upgrade for slomo-shooting?

2) Lower bitrate on higher fps modes - wtf? You get 80mbs for 30fps but only about half of it (50mbs) for twice the amount of data in 60fps mode?

Thats just limiting the hardware by crippling the software.

3) To multi aspekt or to not multi aspekt? Do we have a multi aspekt sensor with the smaller crop factor in 16:9 mode of 1,86x?

• Next big deficiency - ETC is not available at 60p (NTSC) / 50p (PAL) in AVCHD / MOV, 60i (NTSC) / 50i (PAL) in AVCHD !

• No focus peaking is really bad if true. It's on all NEX cameras even cheap ones.

• it's not AVCHD, but MOV

MOV is just a wrapper it's still H.264 inside same as AVCHD but probably a much higher profile.

• Awesome news about film modes, -5 is the new -2 :)

• No ISO 100 No Zebra No Focus peaking No 1920x1080 50p ALL-I Slow motion only recorded on 24p Maybe higher price... There are also things I like.

• So no xlr.... That's sucks. I guess the last surprise will be the HDMI output...

• real shame we dont see 120fps at 720. couldve been a strong selling point

• Nothing about a xlr adapter....was really looking forward to that. Besides that, I think the GH3 is a no-brainer buy. For me it is (specs-wise) a worthy upgrade.

• ETC per Panasonic: "The Extra Tele Conversion function virtually extends the zoom range when recording image not in the full-size. So you can take telephoto shots even with lenses that don't normally allow zooming. You can take 2x zoom shots in still image recording*1 and 2.4x / 3.6x / 4.8x zoom shots in video recording.

• @valdi99

Send tweet to guys, as they are going to Panasonic booth :-)

• Here's some Panasonic GH3 promo site

http://panasonic.net/avc/lumix/dslm/gh3_special/

I also noticed on their site:

"You can manually choose from 6 color types to get even more detailed image settings. In addition, the contrast, sharpness, saturation or noise reduction for each mode parameter can be customized in 11 steps."

It looks like we may be able to dial down the image even further with 11 steps as opposed to 5 steps on the GH1/2.

This topic is closed.
← All Discussions