Personal View site logo
Official Panasonic GH3 topic
  • 1288 Replies sorted by
  • Min. ISO 200 it´s a joke..

• @Kihlian

Why it is joke? It is reality :-)

• I wonder if the new sensor is capable of doing the ETC mode? It would be a real shame to loose the ETC mode.

• @Vitaliy_Kiselev

When the manufacturer leaks it first then all bets are off.

• I am all for old days where company introduced stuff and shops and journalist did not knew a dime.

• The dpreview specs only list the ISO stops as full stops. With the GH2 they listed them as 1/3 stops. Are we only able to select full stops for ISO now?

• I wonder what resolution the 20 FPS drive mode is? I assume the 6 FPS is with full AF tracking and live view. Maybe I assume too much though?

Continuous drive Yes (20, 6, 4 or 2 fps)

• @mpgxsvcd

Only right mode is electronic shutter, full resolution jpeg, 24fps :-)

• No more ETC mode. Sell your C-mount lenses.

• @mpgxsvcd, the DPreview specs mention 2x and 4x digital zoom. Maybe that's the ETC mode?

• 1920 x 1080 (60, 50, 30, 25 24 fps) 1280 x 720 (60, 50, 30, 25fps), 640 x 480 (30, 25fps) Looks like everyone gets both Pal and NTSC frame rates. Dpreview only listed the NTSC frame rates last time. Not sure on this though.

• @mpgxsvcd

It is also incomplete specs, can be slightly inaccurate :-)

Btw, I am updating GH3 wiki page from time to time.

• I think ETC still exists in a way. There, it is called focal length multiplier 2x. Might be what we know as ETC....

EDIT: Forget what I said! BS. It refers to FF focal length equivalent.

• @Tobsen

Nope, focal length multiplier 2x is just m43 2x crop stuff.

• @Vitaliy_Kiselev

"Only right mode is electronic shutter, full resolution jpeg, 24fps :-)"

I like the sound of that then. For pictures of the moon I need to have no shutter vibrations and high speed jpgs with lots of dynamic range.

The GH2 was no good for this.

P1280598_2.jpg
    4603 x 2589 - 4M
  • GH3 is too expensive and seems not so different from G5 beside the appearance and buttons (and Wi-fi things..). The latter might be a good candidate for low budget video production if VK can enable the manual mode of video.

• @Vitaliy_Kiselev

What is your opinion of the GH3 so far? Are you interested in the new features like Wifi, Electronic shutter modes, increased dynamic range? Do you use your GH2 just for video or for stills as well?

• @Vitaliy_Kiselev

Please VK, I beg you to put your efforts to make the iDynamic in GH2 to be set on/off in manual mode instead of just auto mode by the camera. Why would we need the GH3 wide dynamic range if this feature could be enabled on GH2? I believe this is the only missing feature in the firmware hack. Consider a hard try on it.

• "....in MP4, MOV and AVCHD"

What, just 3 containers for h264 or there is something else inside that mov?

• @mpgxsvcd

Just wait few hours for my opinion :-)

• or there is something else inside that mov

Like what?

• @Vitaliy_Kiselev

Ok sorry. I didn't realize.

• GH3 was a good dream, but people keep on complaining. Lets wait and see.

• Like what?

I don't know, some other codec..

• Let me re-phrase, those 3 containers, do they hold same compression and you choose depending on your convenience, or there is something else different specific for each container, like codec, bitrate, anything else..

This topic is closed.
← All Discussions