Personal View site logo
Photokina team and Photokina questions collecting
  • As you may know, for some time we are making coverage of leading exhibitions using our ommunity members. Sometimes, of course, we are making stupid error, but we are learning fast.

So, it is time to make topic about upcoming Photokina.

Few key points:

1. Our coverage is donation based, with some help of our partners. So, remember to support us so we could pay more to the people who make the coverage.
    2. We like to make best coverage this time, as it is GH3 time and few new lenses. Some surprise cameras will be also present at Photokina.
    3. If you want to support our team, add photokina to your donation comment. And team will get your donation.

Team members requirements:

1. You need to have Photokina pass or tickets.
    2. You must have some prior skills shooting documentary or news. Including sound and lighting. As we already saw that people who do not have such skill can ruin most of the footage.
    3. You must have most of the gear (it means. at least led light, some rig and some sound gear). We could help slightly here, but not much due to the reasons explained in key points.
    4. You must be able to deliver content fast, same day. Making amazing interview and deliver it next month is not an option. Usually this point require some computer and editing skills, like properly encoding and finding places with good internet spped (your hotel can suck badly here).

Post your thoughts in this topic or send me PM.

• 59 Replies sorted by
  • @igorek7 I added the questions in open question topic, hopefully with right syntax. Thanks for looking at this!

• Questions for Nikon:

• Please raise the mentioned issue of needing to exit Live View to change aperture on D600 (according to LPowells comment here). And lack of live histogram and focus peaking?

• If possible, please ask if it's likely for any of this to be fixed in firmware.

Is this possible?

• Remember to support our Photokina team by donating using button on top (add Photokina in donation comment).

Btw, you can check who is doing coverage, our focus points, etc at - http://www.personal-view.com/photokina

We got some equipment: recorder, light, mikes, cables, cards, batteries etc. Plus some money is required for travel, fuel, etc.

Most of this is was paid not from donations (for obvious reason).

• Remember add questions about Sony products and intentions, and Olympus also.

• @B3Guy

We'll have special topic.

Most things will be posted on Wiki (just check top menu).

fats things will be posted on twitter (it'll be embedded in wiki also).

• I will make the interview with the Panasonic Manager on Wednesday aroud noon. I will, edit it that evening so it will be online sometimes on Thursday morning. Igor will be there on Tuesday and maybe on Monday and I am sure he will try to get stuff online as fast as possible. I will be there with Mathias and he will concentrate on some of the other topics, that Igor has not done yet and that Vitaliy has put up in the Wiki.

• Maybe this is a silly question, but where will the coverage appear? @Vitaliy_Kiselev is there a dedicated thread or forum section, or is this the thread here?

• For the focus points, I would say codecs and clean-HDMI, if anybody appears to offer things in those area.

• Make sure we hear something from Panasonic about AVC-Ultra since they already announced the spec. but nothing tangible yet.

• Check in with other M43 lens companies (Voightlander, SLRMagic, etc.)

• Any lens rated 1.7 or faster or wider than 10mm (not Fisheye).

I do not know which exhibitors are there, but I think looking for companies offering something beyond 8-bit 4:2:0 on the video side makes sense.

That's all I can think of at the moment, other than try to take in any 4K demonstrations you can. It may not be able to give much back to the site directly, but the community is richer the more direct exposure our members have to the topics being debated. And if you can the C500 film Man or Beast in particular and compare it to the 4K material from Sony and RED, it would be great to hear how similar are different they all are.

But like I said - I do not know who or what will be there. Plus I'm typing too much. :)

• http://www.photokina.com/en/photokina/diemesse/events_veranstaltungen/photokina_events/photokina_movie/index.php Overview with list of exhibitors for movie making with DSLR. Canon and Zeiss are main partners, any others you want reporting on? Sachtler, GlideCam etc.

http://www.photokina.com/en/photokina/ausstellersuche/veranstaltungen/veranstaltungen.php?fw_goto=veranstaltung&tab=1&datum=2012-09-19&thema=394 This is the list of events on the Wednesday that I am there. Any wishes for reporting? Note that our main Interview is at 1 pm, so we're busy there.

• Guys, please check our Focus Points - http://www.personal-view.com/photokina/questions/our-main-focus-points

May be we are missing something interesting, or just do not know about upcoming stuff.

• @Vitaliy - very funny.

I would be interested to know if there are any options for unsqueezing the view on the LCD which might be helpful for framing when shooting through anamorphics, small chance I know, but worth a question, maybe :)

• @thepalalias

Considering questions amount.
    I'll check that they won't forget long and strong rope to tie this guy, so he won't have chance to run.

• I added a lot of questions. Probably too many, but I bet the team can filter. :)

• @Vitaliy_Kiselev

Lot's of good questions there now.

• Is it ok to add questions regarding lenses/optical accessory too?

Yep, as you wish.

• I would suggest if there is any hands on with the GH-3, to go through the MENU to see what settings we are familiar with, and what are new.

Also, as a still shutter:

1) longest exposure in BULB.

2) Any changes to auto bracketing.

• Just added few questions. Is it ok to add questions regarding lenses/optical accessory too?

• Guys, be more active in adding your questions to wiki.

• I am from Germany and planning on going there- if theres anything i can help with- let me know. I got some gear. :)

• Important

We made dedicated section considering Photokina 2012 :

http://www.personal-view.com/photokina

You can register and add your own questions to

http://www.personal-view.com/photokina/questions-open/open-questions-topic

• I'm also going to attend the Photokina. My main interest are the Micro Four Thirds cameras, particularly the Panasonic products. I was planing to shoot some stills related to these topics, but I may try to do video as well.

This topic is closed.
← All Discussions