Personal View site logo
GH2/RED Thesis Film
  • Hey all.

I'm shooting my thesis film this fall and am shooting the film on a mix of RED and hacked GH2. We have done several camera tests and after comparing the RED MX, GH2, and super 16, we have decided to shoot with the RED/GH2 combo since they'll cut together so well. My thesis advisors were adamantly against me shooting with DSLRs, let alone the GH2 because A) it wasn't a Canon, and B) they'd never heard of it before. Needless to say, the camera tests made believers out of them. The GH2s are hacked and will utilize the Sedna A hack provided courtesy of Driftwood and Vitaliy. I've been keeping a close eye on the new Apocalypse Now setting, but I'm waiting to see what the INTRA version looks like. I just downloaded the Flat 4 Intra AN tester, but haven't had a chance to shoot with it yet.

@driftwood How will AN Intra stack up against Sedna?

I've got the project up on Kickstarter: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1522958550/gutterflower-a-short-film-production

We're looking for as much support as we can get. I think our rewards are pretty kick-butt. We've got hacked GH2s up for grabs as our top reward. If you're in the market for a GH2, then be sure and check out our kickstarter page... you can support our film and walk away with lots of cool stuff, including a hacked GH2. If you mention you're a personal-view member, then we'll throw in an extra Panasonic battery (not a 3rd party knockoff) and a m4/3 nikon adapter as well!!! We've also got other excellent rewards, so please check us out. We really appreciate it!!!

• 3 Replies sorted by
  • @pinger007 interesting.. Difficulties with the link.

• will be donating to this.