Personal View site logo
15mm f8 Olympus lens topic
  • 32 Replies sorted by
  • I like it.

• @Vitaliy_Kiselev Yeah that would be nice for daylight stuff or well lit indoors. Maybe sell them bundled. I wish.

• Thing that I want to see is the set of cheap T4 primes. No electronics. Simple focus ring. 8mm, 12mm, 15mm, 20mm, 25mm, 45mm, 100mm.

• It's a Crêpe! Bet there is an ultra small body to go with it.

• @ahbleza

Something smart got this idea.

It'll be ultra cheap and very good lens supplied at almost no cost to form the kit.

• I have a pinwide from the people at Wanderlust. It's a lot harder to shoot at f/96-f/128 or so than it is to shoot at f/8.

In terms of "why," probably because the smallest lens made for m4/3 right now (Panasonic 14/2.8) looks to be about 3/4 the thickness of the smaller bodies (GF2, etc) which makes the cameras a lot less pocket-friendly than they'd be with the 15 on the front. It'll also probably be wicked cheap which will make a camera/lens kit attractive in terms of price. The only other lens as thin are the MS Optical Perars, but they're made for Leica M mount so on m4/3, one must take adapter thickness into account as well.

I'll probably buy one as a pocket/walking around lens if they aren't coke bottles.

• Cheap and fun. Why not?