Personal View site logo
AN "Valkyrie", GOLGOP3-13, GOP3ZILLA, natural, Freeze-less Reliable All-round GOP3 Settings :-)
  • 1001 Replies sorted by
  • The soft matrices were designed specifically for 1080p24. I doubt that they will translate well to HBR, 1080i, or 720p. The interlaced formats (HBR and 1080i) will probably produce artifacts - particularly in I frames. 720p is already lower in resolution, so the soft matrices will probably make frames a little too soft. These matrices take advantage of encoding characteristics specific to how the GH2 produces 1080p24 video. no attempt was made to generalize them, nor is it likely to be possible to do so with much success.

Of course, others may figure out ways to modify them for other formats that I haven't thought of - but that's another issue.

• @cbrandin

Yes! Of course, I also know that this matrix will produce artifacts except 24p. I may combine with the modes other than 24p the matrix which is completely different... Since it is still an experimental setting, if there is a problem in the management of the thread , I will release and improve it not in AN thread but in the thread here. Even if it is a setting with a problem, unless it is released, improvement will not start. Since my power is restrictive.

Many thanks! :-)

• @bkmcwd - Which version of the soft matrix did you use for the StreamParser screen grab you posted above? The numbers look very good.

I'll be interested in how your settings look because you are using the pure, unmodified matrices for all frame types. This is ideal - as I had intended them to be used. Not that there is anything wrong with modified versions, but I will be interested in how they look in their original forms.

• @cbrandin I used your "444 Matrix" in this TYPE-ZERO1 setting. I will send PM. :-)

• @cbrandin In fact, since the setting used in vimeos stuck upwards has changed Fallback tables, it differs from the newest setting.

• @bkmcwd @cbrandin Guys, you're getting me confused.

IMO if it's not reasonably good in 720p, I can't use it. Chris is saying it won't be and the screen grab I just did in AN isn't bad.....but the one I posted further up this page using TYPE-ZERO1 looks great to me.

That again, is without getting out the microscope but I don't watch DVD's with one.

• @peternap

A lot of these AN settings are using modified matrices, or are not using the soft matrices for some modes. My matrices are intended for 1080p only. I can't really comment on some of these settings.

• Thanks Chris!

• Valkyrie 444 TYPE-ZERO1

outdoors

indoor

• @shirap

Thanks always, mate! Please try the released version of TYPE-ZERO1. :-)

• @all

bkmcwd Valkyrie 444 TYPE-ZERO1 'Apocalypse Now' with cbrandin 'Pure Original 444 Matrix' Released!

Warning! : in this setting, all the modes of AVCHD other than 24p are experimental.

Please keep in mind that artifacts often appears in HBR, 1080i and 720p in spite of being very stable.

These will be improved from now on.

Setting ini file is here : http://www.personal-view.com/talks/discussion/comment/81033#Comment_81033

Please try it! :-)

Valkyrie_444_TYPE-ZERO1_24p_ISO1600_room_sp_qp.JPG
    1297 x 631 - 168K
  • @bkmcwd I asked once before, are the new patches, Valkyrie,Boom etc... ment to be used with Ptool 3.65 or 3.66? I have asked before, no answer. That was before all the crap started flying.

• @exilenorth I am sorry supposing I have overlooked the question from you. I think that either can be used since I recognize it as the function about GH2 being the same in 3.65 and 3.66. :-)

• @bkmcwd Valkyrie 444 TYPE-ZERO1 24p is the best of all setting!! great!! iso noise is very soft at 1600. thanks your job!! from now on my new standard setting.

• @hi1130 I am glad to have you pleased. :-)

Thanks to the hard working of Chris and Nick!

• It is just to make sure also here... :-)

The sample of "Valkyrie 444 TYPE-ZERO1" with Pany lense. Please DL original MTS file to look the REAL IQ from vimeo.

Pany 14-42mm F8.0 1/50 ISO320 NOS.(-2,+1,0,-2)

This is also the sample of Valkyrie 444 TYPE-ZERO1 by my friend.

LUMIX G X VARIO 12-35mm F2.8 / LUMIX G 20mm F1.7 / LEICA DG MACRO ELMARIT 45mm F2.8 / Contax Plannar 50mm F1.4 / Contax Sonnar 85mm F2.8 / CANON New FD 50mm F1.4 / CANON New FD 35mm F2 / Asahi Pentax Super Takumar 55mm F1.8

Valkyrie_444_TYPE-ZERO1_Sunset.jpg
    1297 x 634 - 256K
  • Hi! @bkmcwd I've used your "valkyrie 444" since August, and am lovin' it very much! (I think it has similar matrix to type zero1, right?) this is a home video which I shot in handheld. So I worry it might not be a suitable sample... but I love the color from your setting.

lens: sigma 30mmf1.4

Next, I'll try your official "valkyrie 444 type zero1". Thanks to you and testers and the hacker VK!

• @soru Thanks always mate! :-) It is the tone which you seem to like. Please also try official "Valkyrie 444 TYPE-ZERO1".

• bkmcwd Valkyrie 444 TYPE-ZERO2 Candidate1 & 2 'Apocalypse Now' with cbrandin 'Pure Original 444 Matrix' and ' Modified 444 Matrix' - Setb.ini & Setd.ini - Released 09/09/2012

Since "TYPE-ZERO1" released previously was not good in other than 24p, I made experimental 2 settings for HBR mode.

Two different matrices for 1080i are combined with the candidates 1 and 2, respectively. Both are "the matrices which reduce artifacts which often appeared in HBR of TYPE-ZERO1." However, honestly I cannot judge which is the better. Please try these. And I am very glad if feedback can be got.

Special thanks to @har_k and @syoushow! :-)

Warning! : in these "TYPE-ZERO2 Candidate" settings, all the modes of AVCHD other than 24p are experimental.

Please keep in mind that artifacts may often appears in 720p in spite of being very stable.

These will be improved from now on.

• Superb-looking simulated 444 matrix from cbrandin

• Modified 444 matrix from my beta team is adopted in HBR/1080i modes.

• Upto 140M for Top Quality 1080p24 at Q18

• Upto 140M for Top Quality 1080p30 at Q18 in 24L mode with 80% Slow-Motion Mode (No Sound)

• Upto 75M for HBR/FSH modes

• Upto 75M for 720/50p modes (Experimental)

• Upto 55M for 720/60p modes (Experimental)

• Extremely reliable top performance in AVCHD 24H and 24L

• 80% Slow-Motion is available in 24L only

• Fully working iA and iDynamic modes if you require them

• Beautiful 3 GOP bringing short GOP style detail & movement-rendition in 24p

• Bush of Death / Death chart tested.

• Wonderful Pasadena Pulse Audio Patch V2 B2, by Per Lichtman

• Top quality 2K mjpeg Mode in HD by Nick Driftwood

• In camera playback is sometimes not available in 24p. In other mode, available after reboot the camera.

*24p and 720p are the same as TYPE-ZERO1.

bkmcwd Valkyrie 444 TYPE-ZERO2_Candidate1 'Apocalypse Now' with cbrandin 'Pure Original 444 Matrix' and ' Modified 444 Matrix'.zip
    bkmcwd Valkyrie 444 TYPE-ZERO2_Candidate2 'Apocalypse Now' with cbrandin 'Pure Original 444 Matrix' and ' Modified 444 Matrix'.zip
  • i give it a try
    i am stuck with my own settings, and around the 75mb for 720 is what i want.

• visual it looks oke, but.... 720 pal jumps in trickmode?
    Profile standard all -2
    Lens set to +/-100mm and the tele2 on.... (i use that a lot).
    i will up the short 20mb clip

bkmcwd Valkyrie 444 TYPE-ZERO2_Candidate2.png
    568 x 1020 - 53K
    bkmcwd Valkyrie 444 TYPE-ZERO2_Candidate2 streamparser.PNG
    746 x 454 - 175K
    bkmcwd Valkyrie 444 TYPE-ZERO2_Candidate2 screenshot.png
    1283 x 877 - 1M
  • @mozes Thanks for testing! :-) However, 720p of these settings are experimental. Although I have been going to secure about stability, I have not verified finely yet about image quality. Please do not forget it.

"trickmode?"

Isn't a Duration time only too short?

• *Trick Mode calculations may be incorrect (Clip < 20 seconds)

• @bkmcwd: candidate 1 is the matrix by cbrandin? and what is the difference between the 2 settings? is 24p affected at all? Thanks for your efforts!

• i "always" do shorts clip test, never be a problem.
    the hbr and 24p are fine, no probs ad all with the same playing time.....

btw, it looks amazing good, i did point to the flowers, with a peace off blue sky and partly out off focus, with some dark parts in the green with a reason, most time in the green it looks bad, but not this time...
    i wil play some more with it, and i think i will keep it on my gh2 for a while... ;-)

@bkmcwd it seams like i have fixt it.. i will sent you a pm.

bkmcwd Valkyrie 444 TYPE-ZERO2_Candidate2 updated.png
    540 x 1010 - 65K
    bkmcwd Valkyrie 444 TYPE-ZERO2_Candidate2 Updated streamparser.PNG
    746 x 412 - 157K
    bkmcwd Valkyrie 444 TYPE-ZERO2_Candidate2 updated screenshot.png
    1288 x 891 - 1M
This topic is closed.
← All Discussions
Start New Topic

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID

Sign In Register as New User

Tags in Topic

Top Posters