Personal View site logo
Photokina team and Photokina questions collecting
  • 59 Replies sorted by
  • @djhessler

No, big thanks for offering help.

We just do not plan to use intros.

• @Vitaliy_Kiselev lol I was just trying to help, disregard then.

• @djhessler

What do you mean about intro?

We do not plan to use music, intros, etc. I really hate this logos before anything.

• Ok, got the ticket, thanks. I'll coordinate with @Aked about coverage.

• I'd be interested in doing reporting on Photokina. I've never been, is a circus like NAB? If so, there should be complementary tickets abound for Industry.

I'm about an hours drive away, and could stay with friends. Got my GH2 with reporting kit, Audio Technika wireless with lav, LED etc.

I speak German and (American) English like a native, so no Arnie accent. Quick turn-around wouldn't be a problem for some interviews and a bit of b-roll. It'd be nice if someone from the community could make a graphics package with Personal View Logo, Lower 3ds, maybe even a complete bed with with sfx to drop footage in. That would help with the speedy delivery.

2 recent run and gun reportage examples

Plan B Interview & Stage Dive

Interview & BMW Oldtimer

• I'ld be interested to know if there'll be less banding with the GH3. It remains the GH2's Achilles' heel IMO..

• @kurolaw

Sad to hear, but I hope that we'll have other guys.

• Hey Vitaliy i am extremly sorry i just got hired to do wedding filming on the 23 of September. Which means that i will be unable to go to cologne for Photokina i am terrible sorry.

I Hope that isn't to much of a problem for you.

Best Whishes

Kurolaw

• Guys, can you, please post or Pm me the dates you'll be on Photokina?

So, we could get some rough picture.

• Well vitaliy i have 2 gh2's but no camcorder.

Why would i own a camcorder if i have a gh2?

The GH2 is the best camera i have ever had(and i had a 5d mark II and a Canon XH-A1)

I will make a interview as soon as possible(can take a while thought (as i have to work till the end of next week)(summer job).

• @kurolaw

I need some fast paced intervew in the noisy environment full of people and litte light. Edited and uploaded.

Btw, do you have some good camcorder?

• Vitaliy just tell me a subject an i will shoot some work samples for it, vitaliy i should have written secured instead of ok

antil i am a student so i can only go on the weekend.

I can not publish any wedding videos i shot as i have no rights to publish em.

• Still 4 weeks to go, the cheaper online tickets can be bought right until the fair opens.

http://www.photokina.com/en/photokina/fuer_besucher/eintrittskarten_katalog/index.php http://www.photokina.de/de/photokina/fuer_besucher/eintrittskarten_katalog/index.php

Not sure if the last days of the fair (Family Weekend) are the best time for a visit. By then most of the interesting News might already be on the internet.

• Vitaliy i need a message if the founding is ok in the next 5 days(as i will have to book a room and buy the cards).

I am always ok. But we need donations to support you.
    People could also have some problems, as I do not see any examples of your work.

• antil12 that would be useful, mainly having a good Internet connection and a place where i can edit would be a great help. I would be in cologne from the 22 to 23 September(if the funding pays the costs(i am a student so money is always tight). Vitaliy i need a message if the founding is ok in the next 5 days(as i will have to book a room and buy the cards).

• @kurolaw @mikidora I live close to that hostel. I can also offer assistance with shooting, editing, encoding, uploading or storing equipment.

Not 100% sure about my timetable in September and I am also not very comfortable with trade fair chaos… but this year I might get tempted.

• @ Ralph_B I will ask that. Btw, I use Sanity 5 and am very happy with it

• Is it still possible to get a single room,as i don't want my cameras to be in a room with 8 persons? Can you give us as some kind of special price(because you work there)? i won't send a request yet as i am not sure if the trip gets financed by the board. I am a student so my personal budget is very tight. How good is the Internet connection at the hostel?

• @kurolaw: Server was down. Works now... It's called STATION HOSTEL. I do Nightshift later, just send Request to: station@hostel-cologne.de

• @AKED

Three questions I would add for the GH3 are:

Does it have focus peaking?

Does it have full manual audio control?

Is the anti-aliasing filter the same as on the GH2? (this would be a good thing)

• Yeah but they are all from private weddings and birthdays(i have no right to publish them online), just tell me a subject and i will go out and shoot some examples.

• OK, if we'll be able to rise 170 EUR for this, we could thing about it.

Do you have some examples of your work?

• The link doesn't work for me is it the same hostel as this one > http://www.koeln-hostel.de/ ?

Updatet the total cost in both posts.

This topic is closed.
← All Discussions