Personal View site logo
AN "Valkyrie", GOLGOP3-13, GOP3ZILLA, natural, Freeze-less Reliable All-round GOP3 Settings :-)
  • 1001 Replies sorted by
  • I wanted to try some detail shots in 720-60 and 1080-24 with the 14-140 lens. standard -2

Natural light, cloudy conditions.

Pretty good so far.

44.png
    1920 x 1080 - 2M
    44720.png
    1280 x 720 - 1M
  • splash cymbal.

out 2 test!

• Wow, nice Gun.... Gee is so impressive.

• Gee 44 Mag, wow impressive. The use of flat light, absolute details, including the cat hair, or what ever that is.

• @exilenorth Actually it's Great Dane Hair...but the Image quality is amazing.

• @Lambo Many thanks for testing 444 TYPE-ZERO! :-) How did you feel?

• @all

I have released Valkyrie 'Apocalypse Now' with cbrandin '444 Soft Matrix'. :-)

http://www.personal-view.com/talks/discussion/comment/81033#Comment_81033

This is the latest 444 soft Matrix version of Valkyrie. Please try it!

• @ GOLGOP3-13 lovers :-)

I release the experimental "GOLGOP3-13-A_BETA4" setting.

I think that 1080i and HBR of this setting are improved rather than BETA3.

Please try it! And many thanks for your feedbacks!

*Of course, already combined with excellent audio tune @thepalalias's "Pasadena_Pulse_Audio_V2_Beta2"

NOTE:

*Although bit rate setups are quite high, the bit rate which actually appears are lower than these. Since the actual bit rate changes by the object to shoot, please confirm by yourself.(Max bitrate : about 90M in 24p, about 75M in HBR.)

*24H and 24L are high quality 3GOP setting with mega size I-frames.

*24p80%(30p) is available in 24H & 24L both.

*60i, 50i, HBR30p and HBR25p are also high quality and stable 3GOP settings.

*720/50p and 720/60p are 6GOP and 9GOP. It has tuned up so that the bit rate at the time of motion may go up rather than the time of statics.

*I especially recommend you use with SanDisk 95MB/s 64GB SDXC card.

*In camera playback is available in all rec mode, at least available after reboot the camera.(Not tested full yet, but probably)

*EX Tele works.(Not tested yet, but probably)

*Spanning in 24H, 24L with SanDisk 95MB/s 64GB SDXC Card. In other rec mode, need test.

*Spanning in other cards needs to be tested.

bkmcwd GOLGOP3-13-A_BETA4.zip
  • @bkmcwd very stable, ingeniously !!!

• @bkmcwd: i really like valkyrie a lot, the soft and the other one. Lpowell just raised some doubts in me in driftwoods post about the possibility of really simulating something close to 444, as cbrandin has tried.

But your setting is certainly one of the best out there. Could be my new standard setting :-)

• @Lambo

Thanks for comment! :-)

@Mirrorkisser

Many many thanks! However, I am only supporting Chris and Nick. :-)

• @bkmcwd: my pleasure. Just one question: the soft 444 matrix valkyrie, is not the original 444 matrix by cbrandin right? So you made a new matrix?

Cheers

• @Mirrorkisser

;-)

"the soft 444 matrix valkyrie, is not the original 444 matrix by cbrandin right? So you made a new matrix?"

The 444 Soft Matrix is latest one. The 444 Original Matrix is classic one.

I may release MY new 444 matrix from now on. However, since I have work in others, I leave a new matrix to Nick for the time being.

UPDATE: The 444 Soft Matrix is BY Chris. The 444 Original Matrix is modified one BY Nick. Sorry! This is exact.

• @ GOLGOP3-13 lovers :-)

I release the experimental "GOLGOP3-13-A_BETA4b" setting.

I think that 1080i and HBR in PAL of this setting are improved rather than BETA4.

*Of course, already combined with excellent audio tune @thepalalias's "Pasadena_Pulse_Audio_V2_Beta2"

NOTE:

*Although bit rate setups are quite high, the bit rate which actually appears are lower than these. Since the actual bit rate changes by the object to shoot, please confirm by yourself.(Max bitrate : about 90M in 24p, about 75M in HBR.)

*24H and 24L are high quality 3GOP setting with mega size I-frames.

*720/50p and 720/60p are 6GOP and 9GOP. It has tuned up so that the bit rate at the time of motion may go up rather than the time of statics.

*In camera playback is available in all rec mode, at least available after reboot the camera.(Not tested full yet, but probably)

*Spanning in 24H, 24L with SanDisk 95MB/s 64GB SDXC Card. In other rec mode, need test.

bkmcwd GOLGOP3-13-A_BETA4b.zip
  • @ GOLGOP3-13-MAX lovers :-)

I release the experimental "GOLGOP3-13-MAX_EX_BETA7g" setting.

I think that 1080i and HBR of this setting are improved rather than BETA7f.

NOTE:

*Although bit rate setups are quite high, the bit rate which actually appears are lower than these. Since the actual bit rate changes by the object to shoot, please confirm by yourself.(Max bitrate : about 110M in 24p, about 75M in HBR.)

*24H and 24L are high quality 3GOP setting with super mega size I-frames.

*In camera playback is available in all rec mode except 24p, at least available after reboot the camera.(Not tested full yet, but probably)

*In camera playback is sometimes not available in 24p.

bkmcwd GOLGOP3-13-MAX_EX_BETA7g.zip
    GOLGOP3-13-MAX_EX_HBR30p_ISO800_food_sp_qp.JPG
    1298 x 632 - 188K
  • Thanks bkmcwd. I tried to shoot a test footage with Valkyrie 'Apocalypse Now' with cbrandin '444 Soft Matrix' I added color gradings to this video as brighten a deep shadow and enhance the saturation little bit.Any problem did not occur with color gradings.Image quality is excellent. But some issue occurred in half of all video crip when I convert from m2t to Apple Pro Res 444 in FCP7.The videos looks like a crash and jerkiness. And GH2 was frozen when Playing the videos which is a crash and jerkiness issue part included. I was using SANDISK SDXC 64GB 96Mbs SD card Olympus 12-60 SWD ISO 160-400. I don't know the reason why. I will keep testing.

• @misunhd

Many thanks for testing Valkyrie, mate! The footage with your "Neuron stabilizer" is super cooool as usual. :-)

"But some issue occurred in half of all video crip when I convert from m2t to Apple Pro Res 444 in FCP7.The videos looks like a crash and jerkiness."

I have heard the issue from you. However, honestly, I am not sure about the cause of this issue. How are other Mac users?

"GH2 was frozen when Playing the videos which is a crash and jerkiness issue part included."

Do I hear that the data itself was satisfactory although this was not able to be played back in camera? In the set of the maximum frame size of this size, even if it is not Valkyrie, the playback in camera sometimes cannot be performed.

• @bkmcwd

I haven't quite tried out your settings cos you stated the patch works best with 95MB/s cards. I am using SanDisk 32GB 30MB/s cards. Would there be a problem? Will my cam hang? Just got my GH2 repaired so dun want unnecessary risks. Cheers

• it should work, works fine for me with the sandisk 45MB/s card. Just very high intra settings might get too hard on your cards. The relation bit to bytes is 8-1. So technically it should handle a max bitrate of 240.

• @kazuo

"I am using SanDisk 32GB 30MB/s cards. Would there be a problem? Will my cam hang?"

Honestly, I am not exactly sure because I have not done test sufficient with the card. However, also in my settings, I think that the card can be used as a generality. Actually, many users are using my settings with 30MB/s card, and I also often use.

Although operation with a 30MB/s card cannot be guaranteed completely, I have not heard the talk that GH2 broke from the users of my settings. Since it is consciously adjusted so that more safely than other persons' settings, please try my settings and feedback. :-)

@Mirrorkisser Thanks! :-)

• I am now testing "Valkyrie 444 TYPE-ZERO1" :-)

EDIT: I rename this test setting with "TYPE-ZERO1".

Valkyrie_444_TYPE-ZERO2_24p_ISO400_food_sp_qp.JPG
    1296 x 633 - 187K
    Valkyrie_444_TYPE-ZERO2_HBR30p_ISO400_food_sp_qp.JPG
    1295 x 632 - 195K
  • @bkmcwd: now i really got hungry ^^. Nice footage.

• @kazuo Although I am not detailed about other persons' settings, since a risk of codec failing in the setting in which the fallback tables are changed became large, did it cause crash? The fallback tables are leaving all my original settings to the stock. Although I do not understand it for whether it is the cause, I have not heard the report that GH2 crashed from the users of my settings. I am just going to make Valkyrie which still returned the table to the stock. :-)

• Working on "Valkyrie 444 TYPE-ZERO1 Apocalypse Now with cbrandin Original 444 Matrix" was completed mostly. :-)

This setting adopted the original matrix of Chris and made under instruction of him. According to Chris, matrices other than 24p need to be improved. However, I release as it is first. Since "TYPE-ZERO" released previously was not an original matrix of Chris strictly, I make this setting a starting point anew. In AN thread, I will release this soon.

I am sorry to make it get confused, because I was mistaken in the matrix.

Valkyrie_444_TYPE-ZERO1_24p_ISO800_room_sp_qp.JPG
    1300 x 634 - 184K
This topic is closed.
← All Discussions
Start New Topic

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID

Sign In Register as New User

Tags in Topic

Top Posters