Personal View site logo
'Apocalypse Now' Experimental Series 1 Thread - BOOM, Intravenus - cbrandin/driftwood AN Soft/Cinema
  • 1089 Replies sorted by
  • Thanks Nick, and everybody who has worked hard on these new settings, really looks special :) not forgetting Vitaliy thank you! :)

• @janis That's a good looking shot. (I think I saw what you meant with artefacts (white lines under blue construction), but I had to really look to see it. Would have never noticed unless you mentioned. Perhaps noticeable on a big screen TV or theater screen.)

• @Driftwood and others, splendid work, just in time to test a lovely old Yashinon-DX lens I just got. Here's a v7 DREWnet 444 'sharp' test. Looks great to me. Download the 1080p 15mbps exported version to see the quality.

• I got some strange artefacts with Cluster v7 444 seti. Looks like bright horizontal lines. Look at the edges of blue construction in the right corner (file: bccap0000.jpg) . Second image (bscap0001.jpg) is few frames forward - no artefacts. Got same with VLC too.

edited on 2012.08.31 @driftwood I stand corrected. Installed K-Lite and now after pressing pause on WMP few seconds later codec solves the artefacts.

bscap0000.jpg
    1914 x 1077 - 339K
    bscap0001.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 361K
  • Amazing, HBR 25p, Cluster7 Nebula Sharp ... average video bit rate over 50mbps ... Vibrant: -2,-2,0,-2

• @lambo what pp is that? anything done to it?

• @driftwood For those who like to convert before Grading/Post would you recommend using ProRess 4444 instead of 422 HQ?

Kind regards

Robin

• @driftwood Thanks. Will do.

• @Xenocide38 Perhaps do some extended grading tests and report it here. Its your personal view - say what you think but say it here. You'll get more respect for it. That's my personal view. Also try out the original Soft matrix settings.

• @mobileavatar sorry for not including it, I shot with the cinema profile

@driftwood haha you can test my blog if you like, just includes more info if people care to read. From my test I noticed a difference but it was subtle, are my results what you would expect or should we be seeing a more dramatic difference?

• thanks guys

• lol nice tommyboy, that would have been my next idea :-)

• here.PNG
    457 x 899 - 61K
  • @louis: below driftwoods posting there is something that looks like a little piece of paper or a page. click on that.

• I must be blind, still can't see the link to download this, help pls

• @artiswar little buddha footage with Voigtländer Nokton 25mm f/.0.95

• @Lambo - Gorgeous! The solidity of the image is insane. It's very dense and more Canon like instead of having a frail, crunchiness to the image. Lens?

• little Buddha test

• that is what i think first hahaha

• that's the 14-140? holy s***!

• @JDN @retrospective test with Kit lense 14-140mm color correction Colorista II patch Cluster v7 Nebular 444 soft

• @Lambo wow that is film like for sure! Do more test! Did you do any colour correction?

So the new hack makes @Xenocide38 happy based on the comparison.

• What Lens Lambo? What patch?

Would be great if everyone could post lens and patch with test.

• I've been a huge follower of the progress being made with the GH2 patches. Simply amazing considering, I'm carrying something capturing footage above a $3k-4k camera, but paid well under $1k a year ago. Well worth a donation! On to the point. I have trouble with some of the patches because it looks muddy or im getting pulsating noise. Although, for most I get wonderful results.

iA and iDynamic are a no no? Anything else I should pay some mind too, bad iso ranges, etc?

Just some simple do/dont list will help, i dont want to open up a whole new discussion or take up space here. Apologies is this is off topic, just @jrd pointed out something thats been on my mind as well. I usually shoot with kit, a few Nikon primes, & Extreme 45mb card. (I start with kit to test patches, since i use that the most with steadycam) Cheers!

• a little first test

This topic is closed.
← All Discussions