Personal View site logo
Driftwood Settings: Series 6 - COMP Apocalypse Now, Cluster v6, GalaXian GX1, Sedna, Canis, etc...
  • 713 Replies sorted by
  • @Kriser81 The camera don´t show the real remaining time. If you look the remaining time go down slower when you shoot than the real time.

• @mastroiani Mysteron doesn't shows any visible noise up to 640 iso. it only does above iso 1000. i dont know what actually happened to your footage. you have to check it out. use streampaser for bitrate calculation. vlc player shows almost near bitrate. post screenshots here. try repatch your camera with mysteron or else try sedna or canis.

• mastroiani-> to me it seems perfectly natural. low light=noise, especially in the darks. just like with ANY other patch you'll be getting noise in low light. plus you're using the noisiest film mode possible.

• @matt_gh2 - thank you!

most of the time, I worked with the maximum aperture of the lens - F2,0, F4,0, F1,4 or F2,8. For more Infos about the lenses, klick on "MOONLIGHT" in the video ) But sometimes I worked with a smaller aperture that number I dont know, because I have a Novoflex MTF to F adapter. You can see a smooth open from F16 to 1,4 from 2:10 to 2:18.

Shutterspeed: most 1/25, sometimes 1/50, for little timelaps 1/8 at 300% and for the last scene (my shadow when I traveled in my bike at night) 1/2 .

ISO: 200 - 12800.

I used the B setting because the A setting makes problems with 80% It stops after 10 to 40 seconds. The B runs perfect on 80%

• @ the cubaner: very nice, also like the high iso noise...

• @brudney Hi, I didn't know Nostalgic was the noisiest film mode. Which film mode should I use for good DR and also for less noise? Smooth? Thanks

• @Kihlain Thanks again!

• mastroiani-> a general consensus seems to be that both 'smooth' and 'standard' offer 'the best' quality. Personally I like 'smooth' the most (a nice flat setting with good dr and ok noise amount). Under certain conditions I also use 'cinema', which IMHO is the least noisy and grades nicely (especially in midtones). The problem with it is underexposes a bit, is very crunchy and, last but not least, is horrendous when it comes to highlights (ugly greenish-yellowish tint and very harsh roll-off).

• Thanks guys!

• Shot the first couple of scenes with Sedna AQ1 720p60fps

• Testing out my Kowa 2X anamorphic on a canon FD 35mm f2.0 with 35mm film grain. At the time of the shoot I didn't have a diopter as some of the shuts clearly needed it. No grading has being done to it, just straight out of the camera. I plan to re-shoot and test out some new stuff. Oh patch used is Canis Majoris day PM

• DRIFTWOOD.. why do you talk about your SEDNA AQ1 setting as A B AND C ? when I download them, they appear as C D AND H ! please help!

• sunset from eclipse...

eclipse sunset from Casched Productions on Vimeo.

• @33pato33 Sedna ABC is actually a name. variation. CDH is the nothing to worry about,those are just places they occupy in PTool. dont get confused. just choose one of sednas and patch them up.

• @HillTop1 Interesting look you have there on Ghost 3. Reminds me of some daytime shots in David Lynch's Inland Empire. How did you add 35mm film grain?

• @matt_gh2 after I scale my anamorphic clips to my desired look, I added the 35mm film grain clip I download online. Do a composite overlay and scale it up to my likeness. I noticed something different that I will try when I do a re-shoot.

• @HillTop1 Cool. Yeah, I had read about that technique before, but hadn't seen it in action. Thanks for posting.

• I wanted to try Canis Majoris Day patch, it's done... but now I can say I prefere Sedna Q20 ( more details ) Waiting now for Cluster v7...

• A little bit of sunrise here but I doubt I would even qualify compared to you guys :) Some Quantum and some Sedna A Q1.

• @Driftwood - I have a quick question. It seems that the more vibrant colors pop moreso with Skin Tone. Is this true? I had sat and contr set to -2s.

Screen shot 2012-08-21 at 10.26.49 PM.png
    1280 x 800 - 1M
  • Hi guys, just ran a test with Mysteron Classic patch. There is still some noise in well lit places... Would someone be able to tell me whether this screen shot from GH13 Stream Parser means that this is indeed Intra codec? Thanks so much

Screen Shot 2012-08-24 at 6.29.28 PM (2).png
    1680 x 1050 - 511K
  • @mastroiani No if the file you shot was on a correctly applied Intra patch *using and intra setting like 24H mode----all the bars would be RED (Iframes) and similar in height.

• @No_SuRReNDeR Thanks man. :( I'm sure I loaded the Mysteron Classic patch here... I'll try again. My project is coming up tomorrow and I'm getting nervous :))))

• @jul Sharp as tits! Which I love! Great job!

• @rockroadpix is that with the ultra con filter? It looks flatter, less video-y. Looks very nice.