Personal View site logo
Motocross Madness
  • Hi everyone, Had a motocross racing event nearby recently. It was weekend so i went there and shot some stuff. Here is a video of all the action.

Hope you all like it. Do let me know your thoughts.

• 4 Replies sorted by
  • I think the colors and transitions are way too fast and over done. The content is intriguing. Let it be the focus. Maybe do some more slow motions with sharp focus instead of the quick pans and abrupt transitions.

It made me want to see what videos you do next. However, it made me sick to watch the transitions in this one.

It would be neat to see the same edit without the nostalgic look and with more slow motion.

Just giving you my perspective since you asked. I actually liked the content of what I watched and I know I am guilty of the same things in my videos.

• they are old-school bikes?, so the colors match that.
    shots are oke, perhaps most off them are to fast for me to focus, so i missed them because i didn't have the time to watch it ;(.
    What @mpgxsvcd say's, some more slow motion to bring some peace in it..
    But overall, mmmyjhea i like it.

• you made me focus on the editing rather than the event, bikes and people... and all that flashing was too much. I'd say a bit of that is fine but you need to put it into a better context, i.e.- story of people at an interesting event. Motocross racing is fun stuff so have more faith in your material and don't overwork it

• Thanks a lot for all the comments. Really appreciate that. Yes you might be right about the transitions being too fast, i was actually trying to edit it according to the music which i felt was of high pace and thought this kind of edit would go well with the music. I also agree that i might have overdone the flashing and coloring, i was just trying to give it a nice look. Guess i was concentrated more on my editing than telling a story and keeping things in focus. I just wanted it to look good and keep it fast paced. Will definitely take note of the points mentioned for my next video :)