Personal View site logo
PANASONIC GH2 Color Problems When hit Record
  • For some reason im having a problem with the gh2 for some reason when I hit record the video colors changes a little to a whole different color. I have a canon camera. also when im using a external monitor the touch screen function dosent work. is this just how it is or is there a option to turn the touch screen on

• 9 Replies sorted by
  • Yeah same thing happens to me. It also gets darker on my camera. I just expose and all that stuff while the camera is already on record.

• i just got mine back the other day and man im like whats goin on here

• have you tried your gh2 with a monitor

• Its because it switches sensor from preview to record mode when you hit record.

• Yeah, GH2 has that bug/problem - "Gamma shift".

• how do u get around it? seems kind of to green and im not getting anything close to my canon t2i look. just quality wize

• It's normal for the GH2. You could add a little red in the white balance to compensate for it when you hit record. But some might say that adds noise. It's really easy to correct in post. Doesn't take much at all. Luckily with all these great hacks, it's easy to push the footage a bit in post without it falling to pieces. Drew over at DREWNETWORK actually shoots everything between 3200-3800 and just corrects in post.

• yea i watch drew all the time on youtube i just havent gotten my first wow moment footage from the camera yet.

• I have a canon t2i and ive mastered it. now im working on this i have the newest hack on the camera v6 just dont know if my monitor is calabrated right. i just dont know what is going on here. i know about exposure, white balance im just having the weirdest problems