Personal View site logo
My work
  • Hello to everyone,

My name is Valentin Deluy, I am a French DP Director (so don't be scared of my English skills) and I'm not new here, in fact it has been about one year that I read everything I possibly can on Personal-view.com but I never posted any topic or even commented. So this is my first everything !

I have been working so hard for the past four years to get to my personal very top but I do not receive the gratitude that I would love to get especially from you guys, the enthusiasts !

I'm not going to talk more about my life, I'm just going to ask one question ...

What tools and more precisely what cameras do you think I have used ?

After that I'm gonna tell you why and what is the real point of this topic.

Here is one of my last projects, happy watching ... (inevitably in 2K, please)

This is a music video of French rappers that I made few months ago:

And this one for a quality / dynamic range test

Ps: You looked good @driftwood on the Revenge of The Great Camera Shootout Part Two ! :)

• 8 Replies sorted by
  • My special warning

Both are commercial videos (made for promotion).

I'll be checking author and this topic.

• I'm not new here, in fact it has been about one year

You joined this morning...

• I have a second account @REDoutBLACK but I prefer to talk to you guys with my name.

• @Macalincag Here you go ... So please comment on my work not on if I'm saying the truth or not.

• @ValentinDeluy I really like your first video but the second one feels very amateurish. The framing feels weird and whole location feel out of synced. I don't understand the lyrics of the second video but I do get the feeling they are trying to be "hard" and that did not match with the video. It looks like a bunch of rich white boys having some fun at the beach (they look too clean). I would redo the second video entirely. I hope you don't take my criticism as a negative thing but an honest feedback so you can better your craft. I give you props for actually being out there and making music videos (especially for your age)! Looking forward to seeing more of your work :)

• Thank you @Strancali for taking the time and telling me what you think about what I do !

In fact the second video is a one shot rap freestyle, I had a second camera this day but since we used both all day long one of them where out of juice. So yeah 6 min long video one shot with a 25mm on rocks was kind of hard to film. Judging the actors performance wont help me because I do not have control on that.

I never take criticism negatively, only that makes you a better video maker !

In fact the second video is only meant to judge the quality and dynamic range, I know it is filmed like a big amateurish but we where really in speed and in fact freestyles are generally much worse in France ^^

The first video is one that took me a hell lot of time to make and if you could tell me what you think about this one it would be great ! :)

• @ValentineDeluy Ahhhhh, I didn't see the line between the videos stating it's a test for dynamic range and quality. The first video is very pro, it could be on MTV without a doubt. I like all the different angles and effects you had going. I think you should redo the second video even though it may be a waste of time but I think you're on the right track and to have that video in your portfolio may hurt your image more then help it. Test wise, it looks good :)

• Hey thank you again @Strancali ! It was made with one GH2 with the very good Driftwood patch "Quantum v9" (Thank you a million time @Vitaliy_Kiselev and @driftwood btw !) Lenses : Voigtlander 25mm f/0.95, Olympus 12mm f/2.0 and Canon fd 35mm f/2.0

About the second video it is a freestyle and it has 8k views so it's OK I'll do better next time. You know how complicated some clients are thees days

Maybe you will prefer this freestyle made with two GH2s, a slider and DIY film burns :)